Friday, April 2, 2010

Dollies

What could be cuter than a Dollie in a skirt?

Photobucket

Photobucket

TWO Dollies in skirts!

Photobucket

I had originally planned to make the girls Dollies out of the Swell fabric from their Easter dresses. but when I saw I had enough scraps left of the fabrics I used for the covered canvases in their bedroom, I quickly changed my mind. I'm so glad I did!

Photobucket

A sweet little note from me to each of my girls. I hope they cherish these always. I fully expect these little ladies to grace their dorm room beds in about 14 years.

And I still want one for my own bed. Seriously!

Photobucket

Amy and I will be whipping up a big batch of Dollie fun next month. Yes, for sale!!! If you have any special requests (skin/hair color, etc...), just leave us a comment here and we'll do our best to make something irresistible. We've even been dreaming up a few accessories!

Oh, and there's something super-duper special about these dolls. You will love it! But we've decided to keep it under-wraps until we can get them in our shop.

By the way, I'm sure you all know by now, but I've used Nic's gorgeous Softie Doll tutorial to make these special ladies. Thanks Nic for a brilliant tute and for allowing me to sell them.

7 comments:

Amber said...

I love the personal note from mom :) This makes me want to get started on Reese's but I need to order some fabric first. Too bad I didn't take a stab at hand embroidering before I finished the back off Reese's quilt(which is done being quilted, just ahve to do the binding). I would have loved to hand embroider her special note with a little birdie :( I always hate when I have ideas after the fact.

Polka Dot Moon said...

I'm not usually a huge doll lover, but I have to tell you that these are ADORABLE! They have such "dollality" if you will and I love the personalization too!

I'm going to have to make one for my little one!

Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

So cute, Angel! Love the sweet note from mom on the dollies' tush :) I have a couple of special order requests - I'm sending you an email :)

Unknown said...

Can you tell me who the desinger is of the green fabric that has the Heart and mom. I love that fabric.

Your dolls and dresses are so precious and so inspiring.

TaDa! Creations said...

Hi Tisha, that little lime plaid is an out of print Michael Miller fabric. I don't have the name of it anymore since I only have scraps left.

Karina said...

Love these dollies! I am attempting to make my own, and only have one question for you...how did you attach the skirt? hand stitch or machine?

I love your blog, and you have definitely inspired me:)

Thanks!

TaDa! Creations said...

Hi Karina,

I machine stitched the skirts into a seam I made in the dolls body. This is where I attached the upper part of the body to the lower part (I call the lower part her bloomers). I did this in the round, and only sewed the side seams of the body about 2" above this seam so i could still attache the arms later. Make sense?