Thursday, July 7, 2011

A cheery cherry sundress

Photobucket

Amy dreamt up this darling dress for her almost 1st grader.

Photobucket

It's the perfect amount of embroidery for the older girl.

Not over-the-top-cute...just the right amount of sweetness.

Photobucket

It was also the perfect time for me to sit down and show Amy how to embroider.

I think she's hooked! And so is her daughter, but that's for a later post. ;)

Photobucket

We loved mixing and matching these different prints to give it a classic cherry pickin' vibe.

I love that the red accents don't overwhelm the dress. There is just enough!

Photobucket

This easy halter style would layer well over our {go with everything} blouse.

Photobucket

She even carried the sweet french knots to the end of the ties.

No detail was missed!

Photobucket

And while we were at it, I snapped some photos of 'Lil Miss and Big Brother.

Love those matching dimples!

Photobucket

You can find the dress {here}.


Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

mommy Orkid Belle said...

That is one lovely dress for a lovely girl. :)

Adin B

Amber said...

Love love love!!! Amy did an wonderful job!!! I love the pink plaid fabric in the front middle....so sweet!!! I am loving cheeries these days...almost as much as strawberries...almost :) My favorite part is the lovely french knots!

ShirleyC said...

This is just darling! Beautiful children too!

Leslie @ top of the page said...

LOVE how you're sharing your lovely designs here. My friend and I were doing a girl's clothing line for a while...sorta off and on. But I understand how life has its seasons, and even with blogging, inspiration comes and goes.

Amanda said...

Hi Angel. I just did a post on Charlotte's party this weekend...I posted a few pics of the dress you made...take a peak and I hope to do a post on the dress too :) Thanks again, it got rave reviews...as did the little girl wearing it :)