Monday, March 4, 2013

Mermaids {Cuteness Overload}

 
These pieces left this morning. For a special little girls' birthday.
 
Or Easter basket if her mama can wait that long. ;)
 
 photo Mer003_zps2cb6b897.jpg

 photo Mer001_zpsfecbf7c7.jpg

 photo Mer002_zps344a106b.jpg
I'll be making a couple of these skirt and tank sets as partial customs soon.

 photo Mer004_zps71db0d31.jpg
Each little water bubble has a bead and sequin sewn to it to catch the light.

 photo
Mer005_zps3bf6ac38.jpg
The tail on her hat is made from fabric that sparkles a bit.

 photo
Mer013_zps44f472c5.jpg
This TaDollie was really fun to make.
 
 photo
Mer022_zps0afbff59.jpg
I'm glad she could see my vision just from this drawing. Hehe...

I hope I nailed it for her.



 photo
Mer062_zpsade05ccb.jpg

I'm diggin the new rounded head. How about you?

 photo
Mer024_zpsa763fe2e.jpg

 photo
Mer028_zps37b0c031.jpg
Love these ruffles and the huge ric rac that reminds me of ocean waves.

 photo
Mer061_zps212719e0.jpg
And of course these vintage buttons from my aunt's stash.
*swoon*

 photo
Mer059_zps7447d2fa.jpg

I'm exhausted! Time to clean up the tornado that is all around me.

Creativity and a neat house rarely go hand-in-hand. 

But it is sew worth it, I think.

*sigh*

9 comments:

Amber said...

Oh she turned out adorable!! I know Miss G will LOVE all of her new mermaid goodness!!!

Nancy said...

Oh my goodness those are insanely ADORABLE!!! Your attention to detail is Ahhhmazing! As well as your ability to pair up fabrics. You are so very talented my friend! And you are so right...creative & a clean house do not go hand & hand.

Julie said...

All of it is simply perfection! I love the rounded head too.

Ana Love Craft said...

So adorable! Love all details!Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial!
Have a fabulous week!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

I am in looooooove!! Thank you so much for making this for Grace. She is going to flip over all the mermaid cuteness!! You are beyond talented dear friend!! And...........it is going to be sooo hard to wait until Easter!! *wink*

Jessica said...

Oh, and one more thing...
You know those buttons were my very favorite from when you posted about your aunt's stash!! You are too sweet to share them with me - I mean Grace!! he he he ;)
ThAnK YoU!!

Sarah said...

These are so cute, Angel... as always :)

Stacy said...

Oh my word! ADORABLE! So incredibly cute. That is one lucky little girl! You do fantastic work!!

TaDa! Creations said...

Thanks everyone! It was so fun to sit back and see this all complete.