Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thank you Mom...

...for the Mother's day gift that allowed me to buy exactly what I needed to make a 14' retaining wall. In just one day I'm half done and should have it finished tomorrow. I'm looking forward to no one having to mow this steep hill anymore and to being able to add flowers and a hedge to block the lovely view of our neighbors garbage cans.

Photobucket

But most importantly, thank you for teaching me that we can do hard things.

Photobucket

It took me 36 trips from the garage to the back door, carrying heavy blocks (obviously). But that doesn't count loading and unloading them at Home Depot and keeping the heavy cart from getting away from me on the slope to my truck.

Photobucket

I think I'll sleep well tonight. Or not be able to get out of bed in the morning. Probably both. ;)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Angel, you are an inspiration! Well done! Please post photos of the finished wall with your garden planted, I'd love to see it!

Debby said...

That is a ton of work!! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Jessica said...

Wow Wow Wow!!! Way to go!! Can't wait to see the finished product!