Saturday, July 6, 2013

Bucilla Felt and Sequin Christmas Stockings

Whew! The hardest part is over! I'm so excited for us to finally get to use these this year. They have been a long time in the making. I'm practically giddy. I keep saying they are done. But reality is that there is still more to do. Names, choosing a fabric for the lining, adding hanging loops and final assembly. But in my mind they are
D O N E because this is the part I worried I would never get to.
 
Bucilla Chrstimas Stockings by TaDa! Creations
photo Stockings003_zpse561c91c.jpg
For moi.
I think I'll use "Mother" and "Father" for our names. Or maybe just "Mom" and "Dad", not sure yet. But that way somewhere down the line we may have one child or grandchild who would like to use ours as their own. That would make me very happy.
 
Santa Stocking by TaDa! Creations photo
Stockings004_zpsf92e2b54.jpg
 
For David.

I tweaked this one a lot. Adding sequins where they just wanted running stitches in the beard. And just more sequins in general. I also changed the boots and belt to black from brown and the tops of his boots from yellow to white. But now I think I want to go back to Sam's Santa and add white fir to the tops of his boots. OCD, much?

I've also decided that I should buy lots more Bucilla kits to have on hand for the day way, way, way, way off in the future when our family gains new members (think sons and daughter-in-law, and grandkids, yikes!). Even if I don't get to make them all myself, maybe one of my girls will carry it one. But I could start several now and get them to this point at least. One can dream, right?

Santa and Reindeer Stocking by TaDa! Creations
photo Stockings005_zps54f11a37.jpg
 
For Emily.
This is the one where I swapped out the puppy to put a likeness of her in instead. She loves it and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Christmas Morning Stocking by TaDa! Creations
photo Stockings007_zpsf0df2ac0.jpg
 
When I was almost finished she asked if there could be a mouse climbing up the clock like in "Hickory Dickory Dock." How could I resist?

The mouse ran up the clock... photo
Stockings012_zpsb34927cd.jpg
For Sam.
I can't even tell you how happy he is to see his done. But now he's hounding me for the "pocket" so Santa can fill it. Soon buddy, very soon.
Names, linings, and hanging loops are next. I just need to pick out a fun fabric for all the insides which is proving to be tougher than I thought. In my mind it's got to be perfect. Oh the pressure.
Any suggestions?

Santa's Workshop Stocking by TaDa! Creations
photo Stockings008_zps088d11df.jpg
 
For Allison. 
This one is totally without a doubt, perfect for her.

Gingerbread House Stocking by TaDa! Creations
photo Stockings009_zpsf9ba9ea6.jpg
Christmas will be bright and colorful in our house this year. I have a ton of Bucilla ornaments I want to get done for this year as well. But I really do need to fully finish these before I start anything else. Feels SO good to get things checked off my list.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Gorgeous, Angel!

crochetdlane said...

These are beautiful heirlooms!! They will be cherished for many many years to come!

Lindsay

Jennifer Poole said...

Yes, on the fur for Santa boots. It is the mark of an artist to think that way, not OCD!

Sarah said...

You are amazing. This takes sooo much patience. Wow!

Julie Bigboy said...

They are amazing!! I wouldn't have even attempted to tackle one and you did FIVE! Wonderful work :)

cozmodrea said...

Where did you buy the stocking kits?

Angel said...

I bought all of these on ebay. Try searching "Bucilla Stocking Kit" You can also add words like vintage, Christmas, felt, sequin too.

Marissa Baker said...

These are absolutely gorgeous. Would you consider making another batch to purchase? I would try but I can't sew to save my life, lol. I can pay through PayPal. :)

Angel said...

Marissa, these are so very time consuming that the cost would be outrageous. I can't even count how many hours I have put into each one.

Stephanie said...

Just ran across this post, while Googling Bucilla kits. Your stockings are booootiful! They're obviously from vintage kits, and I think they're way cuter than the current crop. Well done!

Denise Sparks said...

Hello and might I add that these are absolutely stunning!!! You have one lucky family to cherish these lovely stockings! I have been contemplating starting a set for our family but I prefer the Vintage sets and I am having some difficulties finding the perfect ones. Do you happen to remember the name of the Gingerbread Cottage and Gingerbread Boy pattern?
I appreciate your time and assistance!
Happy New Year and blessings to you and yours,
Denise Sparks denisemsparks66@gmail.com