Monday, December 17, 2012

Very Merry Christmas {with Frosted Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs}


Photobucket
I am really loving how our Christmas card turned out this year. 
This was the best verticle photo (that I never showed you) 
from those chilly 15 minutes the other day. 

Photobucket
This morning I delivered 3 dozen homemade, frosted sugar cookies just like these, to our school. I love that we can still bring in homemade treats. This is part of our PTA's "12 Days of Christmas Cookies" for our teachers and staff. We get to fill up their break rooms with homemade treats to brighten their day.
Photobucket
I've definitely found something that I love to do. I can't wait to roll out the rest of the dough I've made, with my kiddos and let them go to town decorating too.

On some of the cookies there is actually more icing than there is cookie.
That's ok, right?
I should have brought gallons of milk too!

Photobucket

In case you were interested in the recipes I use...
Cookie: {This} is the only one that keeps it's shape for me. I cool the dough for 2-3 hours and then let the tray of cut-outs sit in the freezer 5 minutes before baking.
Royal Icing: {This} is my favorite tasty recipe. I only add almond extract, but lots of it. I've also found that the more heavily colored your frosting is, the longer it takes to full dry (can be 2 days!). Look at {this post} or {this one} for the flooding technique.

  photo 1-Angel amp Amy Signature-001_zpsq3vngnq4.jpg

2 comments:

Amber said...

Love how your Christmas card turned out! I gave up on Christmas cards this year :( I have been feeling overwhelmed and it just had to go.

Love the cookies...my favorite is the polka dot mitten :)

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Oh, thank you so much for the sweet shout-out! Love your cookies and your pictures! :)