Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Around Here

Just when I thought my house couldn't hold another piece of furniture, I snuck this in at the bottom of the stairs. That made it sound easy. Ha! It was actually quite heavy and cumbersome to get it from my mom's laundry room to our basement. So it's not going anywhere else anytime soon. Thanks honey for indulging me! I really love this piece.

Photobucket

David thinks I'm crazy for wanting to paint  it and I don't really have the energy now anyway. But I do think it would love to be a creamy shade of white. ;) Actually, Annie Sloan's chalk paint is what it's really begging for. And now I'm kicking myself for not going to Junk Bonanza this year and meeting her.

I'm sure I'll line the glass doors with some pretty fabric because who really wants to look at stacks of coloring books. Not me. I love that the glass has a slight texture/wave to it. And it's got nice lines and curves to it. Thanks Mom!

Photobucket

I love that our home is filled with so many hand-me-downs. Like this recently painted lamp from my mom. I had mentioned to her that I could really use more light in my craft room and that I was going to start hunting at Goodwilll but then she came through with three lamps she no longer needed. This was brass back in it's hey day. Isn't the shape fun? A little aqua spray point and voila...new life! I have another one just like it on the other side of the room.

Photobucket

And yes, those are a few of the TaDollie's I'm working on this week. One is a gift and the two on the left will be in the shop as soon as they are ready. Eeek! I've also got an order that was just finalized and one I'm waiting on fabric for. I guess I've gotten the itch to sew lately. Just yesterday my pal Jessica shared a photo of a super cute dress on facebook and I said:

"That is gorgeous! Makes me want to sew again. *sigh*

To which she replied...

" Angel...then keep looking at it ;) he he he"

Love that girl!

Another fun project that finally got some paint was this $2 mug rack from Goodwill. Inspired of course by Jenny B's craft space. Do you recognize the polka dot laminate too? That's really where the similarities stop. Her space is beyond amazing! I could use a few more pairs of scissors, it's looking pretty sad. But they are hidden throughout the house, in places even I've forgotten. ;) I've also got more shelving to put up on this wall too, just waiting for a spare moment to make it happen.

Photobucket

Last night I had the pleasure of meeting Stacy, another local crafter, for coffee at my favorite spot. After three hours of chit chat, we closed the place down! We have several mutual friends too so that made it even more fun. We talked about everything under the sun. I haven't done that in forever. A while back she recognized from my blog while shopping at Target but didn't come up to say "Hi". Lord knows it was probably one of those hectic days where I had rushed out the door with no make-up on and wearing yesterdays clothes. You do that too right?  Note to self: you just never know who's watching. At least I didn't scare her away too badly.  ;) Thanks Stacy for reaching out to me, I really enjoyed getting to know you. You are such a sweetheart! Y'all should check out her sweet shop, lots of great ideas for handmade Christmas gifts there. I especially love her crayon wallets and I must say that her work is impeccable. She has more to list soon too.

My kids have been cracking me up lately. The other day Emily had drawn a map to bring to school. It was a plan for how to defeat the boys at recess. Evidently it's been her and her sister in a game of chase and capture with 8 boys. It was also her first day in the highest level math group so I asked her who was in the new class. She said "Ryan, he's one of the boys I'm trying to beat!" And just a few days earlier we got a call from Allison's teacher. Seams she spent some time chasing a fellow classmate, trying to kiss him. Oh dear! What have we got in store for us? It's not just girls playing jump-rope on the playground anymore. Where do they get this from? We are a normal family, honest.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

The pleasure was all mine! Looks like fun projects going on at your house!

Amber said...

I agree...it would look lovely painted :) However, I am sure Lee would agree with David...ha

Amber said...

Oh and I love love love the cute gnome Dollie....so sweet!

Merrianne Nesbitt said...

Glad to read your blog today, brightens the day, knowing you are so creative, and developing friendships with other crafters. Toured the La Crosse WI crafters fall showcase and saw a dress of lace. Made me think of you and the unique process you do placing colors within a pattern similar to Norsk and Swedish traditions. What will you decide on the cabinet? look forward to your next posting. Auntie.

Jessica said...

Catching up on my favorite blogs...I love, love that sweet Meadowsweet dollie!!! Super big YAY on gettin' the sewin' itch!! :) :)