Monday, April 9, 2012

Ready for spring

I know, I know. The hutch still needs to be painted. I am hoping to start it yet this month. I have at least decided that it will be Dove White with the backs and sides of the shelves in light aqua. Finalizing the plan is half the battle, right? At least for me it is since I'm so indecisive.

Photobucket

I did at least get around to making a yarn wrapped E for us. I'll add some felt flowers like she did too. I was going to use it in a collage over our living room couch, but I kind of like it up here too.

Photobucket

This little guy was a fun $10 purchase from Home Goods. You can put a votive in the bottom. How fun will the light be coming from all those holes? I hope to find out soon.

Photobucket

My little guy keeps wiping off the regular chalk on these labels. I caught him doing a drive-by wiping just the other day. He was so busted! So I had to break out the chalk pen. The labels specifically say NOT to use chalk pens on them. I'm hoping that means it will be permanent. ;)

Photobucket

Besides the addition of flowers and a chalkboard at the front door, Rainbow Peep Pops were the only Easter decor I added this year.

Photobucket

It took going to three different stores to find all the colors they make.

Photobucket

I'll be back soon to share some more. Plus I started cutting out some cute new summer outfits for the girls today. I'm hoping to get those made this week. It's really nice to be ahead of the season for my own girls this year.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Love the peep pops....they are so colorful!

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Ahhh, I love your hutch (it will be even better when it is painted) and that lovely apron. I am so glad I am not the only indecisive person ;)

We made the peep pops for Reese's school friends....so cute!

I can't wait to see what you are sewing up! I am trying to finish up a few house projects before I start sewing Reese's summer clothes. I feel so behind on everything!

Jessica said...

Fun stuff!! That owl will be really fun come halloween too! ;)