Monday, April 23, 2012

Pillows, plates and a new treasure.

My first two pillows are done!

Photobucket

They are a matched pair and reversible.

Photobucket

There is even a zipper on the bottom! You can see it ^ if you look real close. I plan to write up a tute for how I made these in case you'd like to make one yourself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My mom came to the rescue with some gorgeous plates for my wall the day before the dinner we hosted. She grew up with these on their dinner table so they are well loved. Thank you mom!

Photobucket

This room is starting to feel done. Just needs some more pillows, a little paint on the coffee table and end table, some Katie Daisy artwork I've ordered for the picture ledges and kids who won't destroy everything I try to keep on the coffee table. ;)

Photobucket

And another thanks goes to my mom for passing along her grandmother's sewing machine.  Eeek!  This thing is gor-geous!

Photobucket

Inside that cute little table, lies this black beauty.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It fits perfectly in this corner.

Photobucket

It does in fact still work. My uncle used it recently to repair the sail on his boat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Am I a lucky girl, or what?  I even have my mom's approval to paint the table.  The top is in rough shape with a lot of water stains and such. Would you paint it or keep it the way it is?  My first thought was a deep turquoise. But I'm worried I might regret it. I would love to hear what you would do.




1 comment:

micah and betsy said...

Love the sewing table! i in fact just got a new sewing table (an old typewriter table) and i just painted it a dark turquoise! I love it!