Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A thank you!

I knew a little package was on it's way, but I didn't expect all the extra sweetness. Like this fun message. I can just hear that sweet girl saying this in her southern drawal.

Photobucket

And the first thing that Sam announced when he saw his loot was "I got BOY lipstick!" He was super excited. :) Having older sisters will do that to a little guy. It was extra funny after I had just read Jessica's card to myself, explaining how her little guy loves his chapstick too...tee hee hee...

Photobucket

Photobucket

The girls are I are just tickled to have some of Jessica and Noonie's handiwork for our very own.

Thank you ladies, they are gorgeous!

Photobucket

The colors are perfect for our Matilda Jane.

Photobucket

And oh look! Our bunny tee from last year will be perfect with the pink floral pants. Yay!

Photobucket

Now the hard part will be deciding which outfit to wear on Easter Sunday.

Photobucket

And wouldn't ya know, this sweet box showed up on the perfect day. We had just gotten home from the dentist where this little girl had 3 cavities filled. Yikes! She wasn't in the mood for pictures, but I'm glad I got at least one today. We'll take proper spring pics outside next week.

Photobucket

Neither of them want to take these dresses off today.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They are both getting So big! I love and hate it all at the same time. *sigh*

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This past Sunday, just 30 minutes before we needed to leave for church, I decided to fix that darn hole in the knee of our Lime Crush Big Ruffles. Sadly, there was a trip, a fall, a scraped knee and tears involved on the very first day these were worn. And that hole was just too big to do anything about. Other than make them capris, that is. Boy am I glad that I can sew!

Photobucket

After:
Photobucket

And since I kept the ruffle in tact (time crunch ya know), and the leg above the knee was wider than at the ankle, there's a little pucking on the backside. But they are still wearable and this is about as much time as I want to spend on these.

(backside, you can kind of see some puckering)
Photobucket

Next up is to finish the adorable little Easter dress and coat for my 8 month old niece. Her mom and I are working on this together as part of her first sewing lessons. Yes, it was completely an oversight on my part that this pattern uses a zipper. This will be my first zipper install, wish us luck! And please ignore the funky pattern repeat on the left seam. We only had one yard to work with. ;)

Photobucket

We are also gearing up to travel north this week-end for David's grandma Sophie's funeral. We take great comfort in knowing that she is free from pain and that we will see her again some day. When my sister-in-law was trying to say good-bye to her, Sophie said "We don't say good-bye, we say see you later." She was 93 when she succumbed to cancer, she raised four children on a farm and was a school teacher. He husband and 18 year old son left before her. She will be greatly missed by all who loved her.

Photobucket

God bless you and keep you Sophie.





1 comment:

Jessica said...

Awwwww! I'm so happy the package got there today!

The Lulu wraps look sweet with their dresses - yay! And I have to say I never fell in love with the Joanna Wrap when I saw it on a hanger at my TK's trunk show, but oh man, it looks GORGEOUS on Emily!! She looks so pretty (and yes, grown up *sigh*). I'm so happy Sam liked his "boy lipstick" chapstick and you didn't think I was a weirdo for sending it - hahahahaha!

Hope Allison gets to feeling better soon...XOXO

Oh, and when I was sealing the package and Grace said she wanted to write a little message, she also said, "let's just go give it to them - I like those airplane rides" HA! (if only it were that easy)

Prayers for your sweet family in the loss of Dave's grandma...((Hugs))