Thursday, November 17, 2011

My first Sheet Music Wreath!

Photobucket

I have been looking forward to making a sheet music wreath for months. Today I realized I had everything on hand that I needed, to make it. Score! I thought I had to go rummage around an antique store to find old sheet music to use. Nope! I just opened my piano bench and found several books of Christian music from the 80's. I actually prefer that the pages are pretty white because they stand out more against our khaki wall. I also had been thinking that I needed really large sized books to make a big wreath. Hello, they stick out on both sides, so 8.5x11 pages are plenty tall enough. Earth to Angel. And the good news is I still have plenty more pages to make several more. I'm rethinking my Christmas crafting list. (but don't tell anyone...shhhhh).

I don't play our piano very often, but when I do, these aren't the books I open first. I figure if I ever really miss them, I can always buy them again. But for today I was super excited for the "free" crafting time and checking another thing off of my wishlist. Yay me!

Photobucket

Don't worry, I didn't touch my vintage books. Don't they just make you happy to look at them?

Photobucket

So while I broke out into song and burned myself with hot glue approximately 1,583 times, I put this big fella together in just over an hour today. I even stuck some subliminal messages in there too.

Photobucket

This wreath took about 50 pages to make.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I still need to perfect this craft. I found it difficult to roll the cones to get a tiny end and mine certainly does not look as lovely as Miss Mustard Seed's. But that's ok. I followed this tute first and then found this one when I had trouble making my first cone. Using her technique, I had the page numbers on the side closest to me so they would be inside the cone and not noticeable on the wreath.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Can you make me one too? LOL! I have that Mary Poppins book somewhere at the bottom of my music pile, too!