Wednesday, September 7, 2011

You're off to Great Places!

Photobucket

What a beautiful morning it was to send our sweet girls off to big-kid school for the very first time.

Photobucket

Everyone was happy and not a tear was shed.

Photobucket

The dress I finished for Allison last night. With one of my favoirte lines from the book "Oh the Places You'll Go!"

Photobucket

I hope she has a terrific first day today. I can't wait to hear all about it over lunch.

Photobucket

Emily was a little bit timid about it, but we answered all of her questions and reassured her that she'll do great.

Photobucket

This little guy's excitement is from hearing the choo-choo trains off in the distance. Of course I'd like to think he's also excited about all the one-on-one time he'll get with me while the girls are off learning. ;)

Photobucket

They look so ready for their big day.

Photobucket

Their backpacks have lots of room for all this year with bring home.

Photobucket

Special Daddy snuggles just before heading to the bus stop which is just across the street. ;)

Photobucket

This pose is all Sam's doing. He can't wait for his turn.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We have a very busy stop!

Photobucket

Neighborhood friends.

Photobucket

And then it came.

Photobucket

And this is the best shot I got of them getting on. They couldn't hear us yelling to turn around. I'm sure they were very focused on what to do next. And I didn't have time to change my camera settings. :(

Photobucket

Whew...they found a seat together. And David said he could see Emily already talking to a friend across the isle, as they drove away.

Photobucket

Shouldn't looking for new mail always be this fun?

Photobucket

Can't wait to see you ladies in just 2 more hours!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Woo hoo, Emily & Allison!!!! I hope you have a fantastic first day of kindie!!

Love Allison's apron dress, esp. the kite, Angel! Oh my, Sam is a HAM! How's that for a little Dr. Seuss rhymey rhyme! What a cutie!!

Jona Giammalva said...

What an exciting morning!! They look beautiful and that embroidery is fantastic! I'm shocked at how big your "little" boy has gotten. Time sure flies.

Amber said...

Yay for first day with no tears :) Love the girl's Dr Seuss dresses....adorble! And the kite....LOVE! I have to ask where you got Emily's shoes from. Reese has been requesting a blue pair of shoes all summer....and she would love the sparkle aspect :)

Kori said...

Hope they are having a great first week- Today was the first day without tears here :) Have a great school year and enjoy your lil free time