Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This past week...

...one of our sweet TaDollie's traveled home to hold a spot for a brand new babe that will one day make his/her way halfway around the world.

I am praying for you R family!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This big guy celebrated a birthday.

Photobucket

(that's 37 +1 to grow on)

Photobucket

He also risked his life finished painting the living room with me.

Photobucket

My $15 auction piece got it's face-lift.

Photobucket

I sanded the top down to bare wood and re-stained it a dark walnut and used my new love paste wax as a finish on the entire piece. The rest is painted with Benjamin Moore's White Dove, but mixed at Home Depot in Behr's Premium paint and primer in one.

Photobucket

Added shelves for the necessities, where drawers used to be.

Photobucket

A basket underneath to hold all the excess cords. Genius!

Photobucket

And a chippy finish that David still hasn't warmed up to, but I adore. Now I won't mind so much when my kids abuse this piece. Because, as we all know, that will happen.

Photobucket

I'm so glad to finally have a piece of furniture turn out just as I had envisioned.
Thank you Miss Mustard Seed for the great tutorial!

Photobucket
(The feet on this piece were all missing the wood wheels, but thankfully the ones from the old table I had in the corner were a perfect fit. Now I can take my time finding replacements for the table we are not using right now. Whew!)

My beloved secretary got a new look and a more prominent home.
Good-bye black and white toile!

Photobucket

Windows got new white curtains that still need to be shortened. And will soon have bamboo roman shades as well.

Photobucket

My favorite lamp became a twin and so did my favorite pillow. The wall is still begging for art, preferably something like this used in a collage of some sort.

This room was my inspiration. Especially for the windows and I'd love to swap out our coffee table for their less-heavy look. But I tell ya, it's difficult to make a room full of leather and wood, look good for more than just the fall season. I am trying my hardest though. I'm being very purposeful about everything I put back in here and the wall over the couch can make or break that effort. Wish me luck!

Photobucket
*paint: Urban Putty by Sherwin Williams

And tomorrow I get to meet this sweet family at the airport. Then we all get to meet up with this friend in person (finally!) at the Junk Bonanza on Thursday. Can't wait to hug y'all!

p.s. I would covet your prayers for my dad and our family. He is in his final days and though it's been expected it's not one bit easier going through it. He seems very peaceful at home and I am spending every minute I can over there. Tonight he gave me a big smile when I held his hand and told him I was there. And when I said I was going home to get some sleep he said "Good". His only word to me today. My brother was able to visit with me this afternoon and when we left I asked what he was going to do next. He said "I'm going to go find my boy and give him a hug." Awe...I love you Jason.

Thank you Lord for the comfort you give us in the form of hugs from little ones so small. For they are some of life's biggest blessings.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Angel~ praying, praying, & praying some more for your sweet dad and for your entire family.

Your house looks be-au-ti-ful!! I love the shot of the kitchen from the living room - it looks so airy with the new paint color, curtains, and table turned the opposite direction! Okay, I think you've got me convinced on paste wax!! The tv cabinet is TDF!

Hope the cool weather continues in your neck of the woods since the little pumpkin is insisting on wearing her meadowsweet cords tomorrow ;) And no worries, we'll be easy to spot - just look for the family sneaking a "Canton buggy" through security. What's this you ask, Mr. Security Man? Oh no, this is just the newest version of the "stand-up stroller", wanna see? bahaha...I better get to packing ;)

Angel said...

Thank you sweet friend. :)

And wait until you feel the piece with paste wax on it. It's like butter. I am no where near finished, so you can help me talk through the rest of my game-plan.

I can picture you now, going through security. ;) Just 27 more hours. Yay!

Amber said...

I have been thinking about you all last night and this morning. What I mix of emotion I am sure you are going through....hugs & prayers!!!

You house is looking so bright and welcoming!!! Why I am draging my feet getting mine done!? I love the colors you decided on...make me rethink my relaxed kahki a little :) Love how your tv stand turned out! Isn't paste wax awesome. I just bought the minwax so far and would love to try the brand Miss Mustardseed suggests (along with chalk paint!).

Now I am really sad I am not going to be hugging everyone on Thurday :( I hope you all have tons of fun!

Jenn said...

The house is looking awesome...great job!! Danny has that same dresser in his bedroom! Great minds, right ;)

Hope we can meet up! Be sure to call my cel phone tomorrow....YEAH!

I will be thinking and praying for you and your Dad. I'm sure that you are full of mixed emotions and I'm praying that God's perfect peace covers you all!!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Oh, Angel ... I too am keeping you all in my prayers. I hope your dad will continue to find peace and comfort. Such a hard time.

And in the midst of that, it's wonderful to see you diving into your painting and projects. Your home looks bright, cheerful, welcoming and airy! And the TV cabinet is fabulous. Isn't paste wax fantastic?! Love that stuff.

As for your coffee table ... have you considered painting it as you did the TV cabinet? That would be one way to lighten up the room.

Wishing you lovely fun with your guests!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

LOVE it! we have one that we used just like that! it was perfect and ideal so we didn't have to use one of those ugly store bought ones! :)

Deborah March said...

It's FABULOUS...looks like your little guy likes it too!

Deborah ♥♥ (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com/...hope you might stop by and say hi!)