Friday, September 2, 2011

This is the BESt birthday EVER!

We heard that quite a bit today. The girls started their 6th year off right. Cinnamon roles and OJ for breakfast. A bath and then I curled their hair, which didn't last long because of the humidity. Then we picked up Daddy from work at 11am. Next it was off to lunch at Five Guys.

We had no idea that they cook their fries in peanut oil until after about his 10th fry, we noticed Sam scratching his blotchy face (you can see it starting on his cheek below). I of course freaked out, knowing that each exposure could mean a more severe reaction for someone with a peanut allergy. Don't think we'll be going back there again. He was pretty traumatized when we had to tell him he couldn't have any more fries. He sure loves french fries.

Photobucket

Next, we headed to the Zoo.

Photobucket

And enjoyed the new penguin exhibit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the farm. We hadn't been here for about a year. Now that we've renewed our membership I plan to take the kids after school at least once a month. We are finally stroller free at the zoo!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Doesn't he make the cutest little chicken? He loves to say "I speak Chicken. Bok, bok, bok..."

Photobucket

Proof that I was there. ;)

Photobucket

The tiger was hot too. We thought it was supposed to be a cool day, but it was still 79*.

Photobucket

Then dinner at Rainforest.

Photobucket

And time for the BIG surprise. The girls have been making their beds every day and showing us they know how to take care of their dolls by keeping their Barbie's hair in good condition. So...it was time for American Girl Dolls. They have been asking for them for about a year now. We opted to get them each their favorite doll in lieu of a friend birthday party this year.

Finding out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Woo hoo!

Photobucket

Let's go!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I missed it, but when I walked inside, the girls were hugging each other and jumping up and down.

Photobucket

Kanani is Allison's favorite.

Photobucket

And Emily is Emily's favorite. ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back home for cake and more presents. And Daddy played Happy Birthday on the guitar.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was the BEST birthday EVER! And I think they will be very busy tomorrow while we finish painting the living room. ;)

6 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday A & E!!! What a fun birthday! While I love parties, I have to say I might settle for a more stress free bday next year :) I love the excitement on the girls' faces! Priceless! Great job Mama!

micah and betsy said...

oh what priceless pictures as the girls found out about their american girl dolls!!!! it makes me want to wait to get elsie one (assuming of course that she likes dolls) until she's a bit older :)

Jessica said...

Yay!!! For sure a VERY fun day!!! Love, Love, Love the series of pics of the girls finding out they're about to get their very own AG dolls! Priceless!

Oh and 79 sounds WONDERFUL! It's still 100+ here :(

Heather L. said...

Seeing the joy on their faces when they found out they were getting their first American Girl dolls makes me cry - seriously. My girls are 12 and 8, and I remember our American Girl days SO fondly. My 8 year old will still play with them, but the 12 year old hasn't touched them in a couple of years. Cherish these days - they go by way, way too fast.

Your kids are soooo cute!!! You are only lucky mama!

Lisa H. (Sewing or Something) said...

Oh I loved those..so sweet!

Stephanie said...

That does look like the best birthday ever!!! I am sure that they will have a blast playing with their dolls!!!