Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"S" is for Sam

PhotobucketAlign Center
Come on in!

Photobucket

Paint is Sherwin Williams Urban Putty, same as the rest of the house.

Here is the {before} when it was pink and girlie. ;) And in case you were wondering...we swapped rooms to give the girls more floor-space and a large dresser that was desperately needed. And Sam's old room was the only one that could accommodate bunk beds.

Photobucket

And here is my $128 vintage school map from Junk Bonanza. I would have paid at least $25-50 more for one on Etsy, so I still think it was a great purchase. It definitely makes the room. David especially likes that all we have to do is spring it back up to have access to the electrical panel that's behind it. I'm also telling myself that the $35 maps I saw as I was leaving JB, were rolled up for a reason. There had to have been some major flaws on them. At least that's what I tell myself. Jessica's mom was right, once you buy it you can't look at any more like it. Oops!

Photobucket

I love the colors.

Photobucket

And the frayed edges of the fabric.

Photobucket

And even the darkening in the Gulf of Mexico, from all the fingers that have touched it since 1977.

Photobucket

And my first globe purchase, from Junk Bonanza too. I'm so glad I found the top 3 things on my list at JB (the third is a scale that's in my kitchen, will share later). I could still use about 5 more globes in varying sizes so I'm still on the hunt.

Photobucket

Love that this one is a little darker than what you usually see. The colors really pop!

Photobucket

I could look at this globe all. day. long.

Photobucket

Love the free dresser from my uncle. Perfect for our growing little boy. No paint necessary!

Photobucket

And the $30 Craigslist bed with it's own patina.

Photobucket

Here is Sam's spring/summer quilt. The original "nautical" theme we went with from Pottery Barn Kids.

Photobucket

And here is his fall/winter look. Only because I hate to see this beautiful quilt, that used to hang in our living room, just get folded up on a shelf. It fits in here too.

Photobucket

And I still love these sailboat photos in San Francisco bay, that I took for David's office 10 years ago. Back when you had to actually buy black and white film and get 8x10 prints made from negatives. That seems like ages ago, doesn't it?

Photobucket

And this chippy magnetic board I found for $5 at a garage sale this summer. It matches the map perfectly. Though I'm not sure if I should hang it to the right of the window, or behind his door with a red peg hook row underneath it.

Photobucket

This desk makes for a good nightstand and he loves sitting at it. Now I just need to find the perfect lamp for it.

Photobucket

That's it for Sam's room.

I repainted the wall above the piano yesterday and now the Raleigh Tavern looks much nicer up there. This wall was green for a while, but felt out of place.

Photobucket

Now for a sneak peek of the girls new room.

Fewer wall stickers makes it less busy. I'm using my second set to make a fun growth chart. Can't wait to jump on that project next week.

Photobucket

I hate to admit it, but I'm actually not minding that we didn't have time to paint their bunks white. This looks nice too.

Photobucket

But I really super duper love the lighter pink wall color. I'll share the rest with you when I get their finishing touches done.

Photobucket

Gotta run, I promised the kiddos we'd make chocolate chip cookies this afternoon...

4 comments:

Amber said...

Love the map!!!! So fun and a great way to over up the box! I am loving the Urban Putty and am almost second guessing the Relaxed Kahki...guess we will see after get it up (not that I would change now...ha) I am loving all the house pics! So happy you are falling back in love with your house!

Jessica said...

The map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super duper love how it looks in Sam's room, definitely "makes" the room. And what fun to dream of faraway places too with the globe! The slightly darker aqua on the globe looks great with the wall color, the wood on the dresser, and the map. Love Sam's room...can't wait to see the girls, too!

Kori said...

I love that map- My 9 year old would LOVE THAT! Oh the ideas you give me-

Blissful Blooms said...

Such a FUN room! You did such a great job!! I have a map waiting to be hung to hide our electrical panel too! :) Can't wait to see the girls room!
Blessing to you!