Saturday, September 3, 2011

One piece down,

and four more to go.

Photobucket

I thought David's nightstand could use a more masculine look. Well, as much as french provincial can look masculine that is. ;) I even scraped all the white paint off of the drawer pull for him. I had originally painted this when i was in high school and you can see {here} what it looked like before.

I watched these tutorials {here} and {here}. I used black semi-gloss spray paint, decided not to distress it and then used SC Johnson's paste wax which I found in the cleaning isle at Home Depot. It looks great in person.

I'm almost done with our tv stand and should be able to show that off on Monday. David walked into the garage and said "Wow! That looks like something from a blog." Why yes, yes it does...and pretty soon it will be something from my blog. ;)

3 comments:

Amber said...

Looks great!!! Makes me want to get in gear and get my painting done. I do have a few pieces painted and my bedroom walls painting that I really should blog about :) Well, I have the whole summer to blog about really....sigh So much to do so little time! Can't wait to see the dresser/tv stand!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

love french pieces in black- they always look so glamorous!

Deborah March said...

Oooohhhh, so classically GORGEOUS!! LOVE that black!

Deborah ♥♥ (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com/...hope you might stop by and say hi!)