Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Not just flowers...

but, exquisite beauty.

We were blessed to receive this beautiful arrangement last week. It's from a family that is very close to my uncle. And since this one stayed at their house, I went over yesterday morning to capture it's beauty. It took about an hour (I had 300 photos to download) but it was time very well spent. Many of these photos will be framed and become a beautiful gallery wall for my aunt. And I think my mom and grandma need some of these printed for them too.

Before I show you all it's gorgeousness let me first share it this way.
It stands at least three feet tall and has got to weigh 50 pounds. It touches the chandelier when sitting in the middle of the table. I couldn't even budge it to try to show you. ;)

Photobucket

Sure, it's pretty, but this photo does not do it justice. You can't just stand back to take it all in. You really have to get your face in there to appreciate all it's beauty.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Weren't those colors just exquisite? And no, I didn't saturate any of the coloring with editing.
I wish you could have smelled them too.

Thank you Pohlad family for your generosity. My dad would have loved them.
And thank you Arts & Flowers for being the best at what you do.
My camera loves you!

3 comments:

Adin B said...

Beautiful flowers! I love it!

Adin B

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Oh, Angel ... I am so sorry for your loss. But I hope your sweet dad has found some much needed peace and comfort at long last.

It's heartwarming to see that you've had some sweet moments and fun to savor with friends and family this last week. These posts bring to mind a post you wrote a while back about a mug pad embroidered with the words "choose joy." Those two words have resonated with me ever since and I am so glad you are embracing them as well.

May you continue to find comfort in the small but important pieces of life. One day at a time.

Sending great big hugs from Maine .... ((((HUGS))))

Michelle said...

Wow, Angel! I love the way you took a photo of the whole and then broke it down into its elements. Fantastic idea! I'm going to try to remember that the next time I receive an elaborate flower arrangement.