Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How do you like them apples?

On Friday, we stole away for an afternoon at the apple orchard. My mom came with us this time and I think the fresh air and fun with the grand-kids did her some good. I know it did my heart good to know that I could still laugh and have fun and not feel guilty for enjoying life.

Emma Krumbees was a great choice for lunch and some fall fun.

Photobucket
Look at all those kids!


A pair of goofy girls.

Photobucket

They were SO ready to run and play with each other.
And it helped that we practically had the place to ourselves.


Photobucket

They had fun playing "pirate" on the big wooden pirate ship.
Here is Sam yelling "the pirates are coming!"


Photobucket

Then it was time for a wagon ride around the orchard.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next a little train ride.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then off to see the goats.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And of course there was the scarecrow contest. This little scene was my favorite.

Photobucket

Then it was time for a little tri-cycle riding.

Photobucket

Betcha didn't see this one coming!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We all got to act like kids again. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then it was time to pick apples.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The only thing that could have made this day any better would have been a little golden sunshine through those trees.

4 comments:

Young Adventures... said...

Beautiful photos! Looks like you guys had a great time. Emma Krumbies is one of my favorite orchards. Glad that you were able to enjoy the day and start the healing process Angel. Praying!

Kris said...

What a fun post! I follow Jessica's blog too, and remember when they came out last year, or was it longer ago? It was nice to see that big smile on your Mom's face too. I know just how heavy your hearts are. It took a very long time for ours to feel less burdened after losing my Daddy. But family time, and outings such as this certainly help.
Much love,
Kris

Michelle said...

Awww, what fun! Those last two photos of you with your kids are beautiful. All the photos bring a big smile to my face. I'm glad you got to have a fun day. :-)

Sara said...

Oh Angel, this day looks close to perfect. I'm so glad you all were able to smile!