Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Beauty

I have the sweetest friends!

Amber sent me this adorable mug rug and I wish my pictures could do it justice. It's beautiful! My girls keep trying to take it to use as a doll blanket so I've got it kept in a special spot now. It was the perfect pick-me-up just as she intended and came with a heart-felt card. I will treasure it always. Thank you Amber!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today the stars aligned and I had not one, not two, but three very ripe bananas at the same time. That's pretty rare here since bananas are usually gobbled up in 2 days, so of course I had to make a banana cake.

Photobucket

What!? Don't you put lilac frosting on your banana cake? ;) Allison thought that plain cream cheese frosting was too boring. How can you disagree with that?

Fall is just around the corner. Even my new burning bush thinks so. I can't wait to see this little guy completely dressed in red.

Photobucket

But until then, I'll keep enjoying the rest of the garden.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Nancy's Couture said...

Your new mug rug is sooo pretty. I think I'd be afraid of getting it dirty :o) Your garden looks beautiful!!!

Amber said...

I am so glad it helped brighten your day! Makes my heart happy :) Love you garden and wish I was had a green thumb!