Friday, May 27, 2011

Beauty Shots {Red and White Striped Knit Ruffles}

We are slowly but surely getting samples made and photographed, of our striped knit ruffles. We are thrilled with how popular they are. And just think, we still have six more colors/stripes in our stash that you haven't seen yet. Eeek!!!

Here is the red and white you can find in {our shop}. Perfect with Raggedy Ann for the 4th of July.

Photobucket

The narrower stripes are more difficult to line up perfectly at the ruffle and the leg seams, but Amy nailed it again. So proud of that girl!

Photobucket

I think I would have a heart-attack if I had to line these up. So I'll stick to the embroidery...for now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also, a quick note to say that my dad's leukemia is back and he is on hospice which means his white blood cells are basically non-existent, his platelets are dangerously low and he has chosen no further treatment. Prayers are greatly appreciated.

So I have no idea what this summer will look like. I'm leaving our days wide open and available for impromptu visits and giving him as many opportunities to spend time with us as he can handle. Just yesterday he and mom sat in my yard and watched the kids and I plant some annuals. He ate popsicles with us and had enough stamina to walk around to the back and let me explain all the landscaping I'm doing in the backyard. He adores gardening and had plenty of tips and advice to share. I hope I can get it all done in time for him to enjoy it too. I'd love to have a little photoshoot with "Boppa" and his grandkids in front of our new hydrangea filled backdrop.

Amy and I aren't exactly sure what our next designs will be or how much we will have to offer that's new for summer. We have a couple of things we'd like to make real soon but we also wonder if we shouldn't just get a jump on Christmas designs now, since we skipped that last year. So you'll have to wait and be surprised with whatever is next. :)

The shop is open and filled with as much as we can handle, so if we are open, feel free to keep shopping. If we are temporarily closed, then we needed a break to catch up. This is when I am so thankful to have an awesome partner to work with. We are both able to pick up the slack whenever the other needs it. That is priceless!

5 comments:

Kris said...

I am so sorry to hear your dear Dad's health is not well. I feel your pain, as I have been through the same thing with my own father, who I adored more than words can ever say. May you have peace and many treasured moments to spend with him.
Hugs.
Kris

Sarah said...

Yes, praying for your dad. And that many sweet memories are made in these next days, weeks, and months.

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Oh, Angel ... I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad's deteriorating health. I still say a prayer for him (and you all) every night. I know you will make the most of his good days with your sweet little family.

My chemo treatments ended on April 29th and now I am getting radiation treatments 5x/wk until July 1st. Four down ... 24 to go. It's been a long and heartbreaking 9 months so far and I am exhausted from the fight. The 'worst' is behind us at this point and I pray every day for the strength and spirit to get through what remains.

I enjoy checking in with you here as you always have something sweet and special to share.

Spears said...

so sorry to read about your dad's health. Praying for comfort and peace. Drink in each precious moment spent with him :)

Mandy said...

Angel, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm praying for you and your family, friend. :(