Thursday, April 28, 2011

Today

I know, such original blog titles lately. I'm blaming it on the weather and lack of sunshine lately. Does anyone else suffer from seasonal affective disorder (SAD)? The past two years have me convinced that I have it. And I've got David about 50% convinced we should move to Ashville, NC which is a huge feat considering he would never have even entertained the idea before.

Anyway, what I came over to tell you was...I found THE perfect lamps! I need to go back and pick up a matching one for my side table. I found it at Bed Bath & Beyond today and after coupon it was $26. It has a khaki colored linen shade. And our room will be going khaki from yellow soonish. I'll either paint his table black or find one with drawers (to paint black) so he has a place to store his junk. This one is pretty girlie for my manly man, or so he tells me. ;)

Photobucket

Crossing my fingers that the twin bed we just called about will still be there after we make the 2 hour drive (both ways!) on Sunday. Eeek! Are we crazy to think that $30 is worth the leisurely Sunday drive? Or...maybe just a little desperate. I'm not going to show you until it's in my garage. I've also inquired about a wing back chair for $25 that I'll make a drop cloth slipcover for, a la Miss Mustard Seed style.

I tell ya, I'm on a thrifting kick lately. This is fun!

6 comments:

Young Adventures... said...

Looks great Angel! Can't wait to see the rest. Enjoy the Sunday drive.

Stephanie said...

Love that lamp and what a great price! Can not wait to see the room transformation!

Jessica said...

LOVE the lamp, Angel! And NC, huh? What fun! Lately, I've been obsessed with quilts and painting our dining set black - HA!

Fingers crossed for you on Sam's bed!

Spencer Family said...

We moved from Eden Prairie to Raleigh two years ago and we love it! Especially on days when it's sunny and warm and our friends back in EP are buried in snow.

I have heard REALLY good things about Asheville... :)

Alphabet Advenuturers said...

I just stumbled onto your blog and I LOVE it!!! Can you direct me to a bigger picture of the Raggady Ann dress? It's adorable. Can't wait to see what else you create. Here's my blog - http://alphabetadventures.wordpress.com/

All best. Megan

Angel said...

Thanks ladies!

Alicia, how fun that you used to live in EP too! Oh I would give anything to move further south.

Megan, love your blog! Can't wait to check out Sewtropolis too. That's not far from where I grew up.