Wednesday, April 27, 2011

This week...

1. On Sunday, we spent Easter at my aunt and uncle's house. A truly fun time. I looked around and realized that in just a few short years all the noise of little ones will be replaced with quiet boardgames (like Monopoly and Clue) on the floor. I'm looking forward to that part too, but reminded myself to savor them being so young right now.

Photobucket

The littlest ones got a head start which was a good thing. The 3 big girls are quite good at this by now and always a step ahead of the rest.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one just got caught making a clean sweep of the front yard by herself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My dad is still hanging in there. Had a little scare 2 week ago when his platelet numbers dipped way down, but they came back up so we are blessed with more time. Thank you Lord!

Photobucket

2. Recently I removed two of my cabinet doors and I'm loving it. Now that I know for sure they are staying off I'm going to trim out the opening to cover up the hinge holes. Just yesterday I removed all the serving pieces I had on display above the cabinets. I'm enjoying a less cluttered look around here. Now I just need to decide if the red should change to yellow or khaki.

Photobucket

3. I'm also slowly putting things back on the walls. I figure I better decide where I want things now, instead of after we repaint. My walls are pretty much swiss cheese by now and I'd rather not have to patch holes after the painting is done. I'm feeling like my whole house should go khaki. Still thinking...

This print is from Jones Design Company. I bought the $10 frame at Ikea (with mat), but it could definitely use a contrasting paper behind it instead. I need to get out and look for something.

Photobucket

Here's another one of Emily's prints. It was meant for my sewing area, but the reminder each morning and night will be a good thing here too.

Photobucket

And my favorites from The Wheatfield. These are even more pretty in person. Thinking they need different frames though. But I'll live with them here for a while until I'm sure what to do.

Photobucket

Photobucket

4. Thanks for all the bike-riding training tips, in the comments of {this} post. Can't wait to try taking off the pedals and start with the balancing first.

Oh and from that same post about the awesome Craigslist finds...well the lady sold the twin bed out from under us, even though we had an appointment to buy it that night. Why can't people play fair? Grrr...

5. Coming soon...some sewing room love and a fun giveaway.

4 comments:

Michelle {Daydream Believers} said...

Looks like you had a fun Easter! :) Those last two prints are SO lovely! Heading over to check out the company now! ;) Thanks for sharing!

chantek said...

wow.... now i know what does it mean by easter day

The One and Only said...

Love your blog so much!! Can I just say a lil man in a sweater vest is the most precious thing!! Girls have such cute clothes and boys are pretty much left out except for SWEATER VESTS!!

Angel said...

Thanks ladies!

Sam's sweater was a last minute run to the kids thrift store. So glad to have found it when I realized he had nothing "dressy" in his closet. Poor kid! And my girls in Target dresses too. You'd never know I sew gorgeous little girls' clothing by looking at my own kids. Just not enough time to do everything I guess.