Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter cookies


We had four hours of cookie baking and decorating fun this morning.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was really fun to let the girls do their own thing. Allison got right in there and did every part herself. Emily was a little more timid and enjoyed telling me how to make hers for her. Funny how they are so different.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used {this icing} and {this cookie recipe}.

Up next, are these sweet bird nests, confetti bars, strawberry pretzel dessert (where the pretzel's are on top).

Are you creating something sweet in your kitchen this week-end?

p.s. I've been drooling over {this kitchen} all day! And I made {these rolls} this morning and they are wonderful. I'm thinking they are also my new hamburger bun recipe.

6 comments:

Young Adventures... said...

My youngest sister (Picky Girl) is hosting Easter this year. I'm bringing deviled eggs and an Italian creme cake. I'm a little nervous about the cake! Have a wonderful Easter celebrating our Savior Angel!

Angel said...

Oooo...that cake sounds wonderful, be sure to share the recipe if you like it. And I'm a huge fan of deviled eggs.

He is risen!

Jessica said...

Yum! both the deviled eggs and the cookies! ;)

What royal icing recipe do you use? Every time I try to make the icing it tastes yuck. It's the right consistency but tastes yucky.

Angel said...

Jessica, this is the icing recipe I use. I also add about 1tsp of pure almond extract (no vanilla), then taste and add more as needed. It doesn't have to be perfect on it's own (just close to it), because the cookie itself is tasty and together they are great.

http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/2010/01/royal-icing-102-or-201-or-whatever.html

Muffy said...

YumYum! I'm not making amything sweet, but I did try to applique for the first time using your fabulous tutorial. I need a little more practice but I think my project turned out pretty well for my first try. :)

mdwilson said...

Always love reading your post and new creations!!!