Monday, April 25, 2011

Dear Craigslist,

I know I haven't been so nice to you in the past, but I've changed my tune. My husband will be picking up this twin bed frame for my littlest, tonight for just $20. And it's only 2 miles from home. I'm excited to paint it and finally get his room finished.

Photobucket

And I've already been using this awesome drafting table in my new sewing "studio". It's been a wonderful cutting table. No longer do I spend hours on the floor. My knees thank you very much.

Photobucket

And we found matching Schwinn bikes for our girls at just $25 ea (no training wheels!!!). How perfect that even though the listing didn't say they had two, we found out they had twins when we got there. The girls love them and didn't bat an eye about having second-hand. Now if I could just find a listing for "I'll teach your kid to ride a bike", as this mama is going to have a hard time letting them fall.

Love,
Me

9 comments:

Sonja said...

Love the bed! My girls have matching ones in this very style. I painted them white : ) I don't think I will ever tire of them. My favorite part is how high the sit (we have the original side rails). Makes them feel a bit special to have beds up so high.

Amber said...

Oh great find!!! Isn't having a "cutting" great! My knees thank me everytime I cute projects out now :) Can't wait to see your new sewing space and Sam's finished room!!! I will be thinking of you as I paint all my walls and the growing list of funiture!

Jenn said...

AWESOME finds! I have a love/hate relationship with Craigslist too...but it seems like if you keep looking you will always find it (eventually!) LOVE the bed especially!!

Nicole said...

Best trick for learning to ride a bike - a DYI "strider" bike.

Get a wrench; remove the pedals - just the pedals, not the "arm", should come off.

They have to use their feet to move, but figure out the balance thing really quickly. A very shallow sloping street works great so they can coast down (and easily catch themselves by putting their feet down). It took our very reluctant oldest daughter 1 week and she was ready to put the pedals back on. I'm not ready for my twins to loose their training wheels, then we would have to ride out front and I would have to watch them more closely!

Best of luck!

mommypants13 said...

COOL! I love craigslisting! I have gotten so much great stuff from there another great site is www.freecycle.org where people give away stuff FOR FREE! Check it out I've gotten some amazing stuff from there!
http://mommypants13.blogspot.com

Angel said...

I'm SO bummed! We went to pick up the bed and she sold it out from under us. I had an appointment and told her we would for sure buy it. Grrr.....

Kris said...

Good Shoppah!!!

shoppin4sophia said...

That stinks that they sold the bed before you there. Not fair! Can't we all play nicely?????

I just found a solid hickory buffet that matches my dining set perfectly for $75. Craig and I are bestest buddies!

Kim said...

I second what Nicole said. The issue isn't learning to pedal, it is learning to balance. Take the pedals off and send them down a slight slope. They can easily put their feet down to stop and the balance comes naturally with just a little bit of speed. We actually left the pedals on with our 6 year old and and just had him spread his legs out. By the 4th time down the hill in our back yard he had put his feet onto the pedals and pedaled on once the yard leveled out.