Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Fashion Show

We had such a great time with the Fashion Show. Lots of planning went in to it. And of course like any big event, it flew right by. Before I new it, we were done. So glad to have even just a few photos to get an idea of what everyone else saw. Look at Allison striking a pose. That was all her, we didn't practice that.

Photobucket

Emily being a little shy and Allison completely enjoying herself. I think all the giggles from the audience made it easier. Amy was so smart to prep the girls with "if people laugh, just remember that they aren't laughing at you. They are just having a really good time." Later, her daughter said "Mom everyone is having a really, really good time!"

Photobucket

Love that you can also see the back of my bff, Sara's, head in this next one.
Thanks to so many for coming out to support us!

Photobucket

And if you would be so kind, please become a fan of Eagle Creek Quilt Shop on facebook (and TaDa! Creations while you're at it too). They need to get enough "likes" so they can officially have a page before their next newsletter goes to print. And wouldn't you know? Amy and I will be in their next newsletter too. :) We are teaching a sewing class at ECQS in May. More details to come...

10 comments:

Kori said...

Nice job gals - Everything looks adorable!

Cherie said...

Sooo cute! And I love the aprons, too!

Angel said...

Thanks ladies! And the aprons...Amy scoured the Mall of America and found not a single cute thing to buy. so this was my last ditch effort to look cute. I loved our little "uniform" it included jeans and light pink chucks too. Fun! Now we'll get to wear it again when we teach our sewing class. I find myself wanting to throw it on to go run errands because it's the only cute thing in my closet right now. But that would be just weird. LOL

LouLou@thelifeofloulou.blogspot.com said...

Fabulouso! Everything and everybody looked gorgeous. 2 quick questions: 1. Where did you find that fabric for the blue dress? Is it red riding hood on it? I can't tell.
2. Where did you get the Cinderella applique? I've searched for one and can't find it.
I realize that they're actually more than 2 questions. :) I talk and type a lot.

Angel said...

LouLou, thank you! That sounds like me too "I talk and type a lot." hehehe...

1)The dress on the far left is made out of Rambling Rose by Dena Designs for Freespirit. It's the Farbenmix Feliz dress pattern. Wouldn't that be adorable under a red cape or with Red Riding Hood appliqued in the lower corner? Great idea! In that photo I was explaining how that pattern is really fun to create a whole scene to applique along the front panel. The backside is full of ruffles.

2) The Cinderella machine applique patterns were purchased here http://stores.bowsandclothes.com/-strse-Appliques-cln-CindereIIa/Categories.bok The ones on the skirt were done by machine, but I did the large Cindy face by hand to get the size I wanted.

Angel said...

LouLou, just realized that all the dresses up there were blue. Were you referring to the one with the red polka dot hem? That fabric is called Paris Paws by Alexander Henry. It's in our shop right now. Oops!

Jessica said...

Yay for pictures!!! The girls look so cute and I love yours and Amy's aprons too! Fun, Fun!

LoriAnn said...

The girls were amazing! The outfits delicious and fresh. Our new friends Angel and Amy - priceless.

Sarah said...

I heard you did a great job, Angel! The dresses are precious!

Sarah said...

I heard you did a great job, Angel! The dresses are precious!