Wednesday, January 12, 2011

White woodwork, here we come!

Photobucket

Somebody pinch me! Last night David said "yes" to my plea (once again) of painting our woodwork white. I'm so excited, I can hardly think of anything else. The one exception is that we can't touch our newish, gorgeous wood windows. We spent a pretty penny on those, so I don't blame him. And who knows...by the time we are done, he may change his mind.

I figure the transformation will take us all summer long. So now I'm on the hunt for the perfect white paint color to use. And I'm devising plans to replace the nasty carpet on our stairs with wood stairs. And figure out which rooms will also get the addition of board and batten treatments. Is it going overboard to want to add it to every single room? Probably. So I'm thinking the top choices are entry/stairs/hall, our room and the kitchen/dining room. We'll leave the living room and basement alone. For now. *insert evil laugh*

Here are the inspiration photos I've been gathering. I'm so excited!

Ahhh...the Nester. I love everything she does. *sigh*

Photobucket

Oh look! Here are the yellow walls and yellow curtains I've been dreaming about.
I may go this route for our room afterall.

Photobucket

This will make such a nice backdrop for our dining room.

Photobucket

Love the double rows here, so kids can reach the hooks too.
This is so happening in our entrance!

Photobucket

I just love the look of all white with color up above.

Photobucket

I'd love to add it up and down both sets of stairs too.

Photobucket

And a little shelf on top, where appropriate, will be nice.

Oh, and I think our bathroom needs it too. ;)

Photobucket

Karla and Jen both have great tutorials if you are looking for one.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Love it! Looks like we will both be busy with home improvement projects! It is ALL I can think about right now. I am ready to get started too! Can't wait to see what the end results of your new white wood work looks like!

Young Adventures... said...

Oh my goodness...love!!! I can't wait to see it! It's that time of year when we are spending a lot of time in our our homes dreaming about to do projects. How exciting Angel, please keep us updated.

Jessica said...

Yes, Yes, Yes! Do it all while Dave is going for it =) he he he

LOVE the curtains and the mudroom with those 2 sweet rows of hooks! You have the perfect entry/landing to do that!

Can't wait to see it all!

shoppin4sophia said...

When we bought our home, the first floor was all white trim, but the 2nd floor was dark stained wood. Very strange. Words of advice from someone who spent a LOT of time with a paint brush in her hand.....go slowly. When you sick of it, stop & take a break. I pushed myself to finish painting all the trim, door frame, door, and window in a month. I didn't do as good of a job as I could/should have. Good luck!

Kori said...

I have friends that painted trim and they used sherwin williams and it was a great paint HTH

micah and betsy said...

i'm inspired by you...again!

micah and betsy said...

i'm inspired by you...again!