Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year

Photobucket

Well, so far it's not starting off so hot. My sewing machine just died on me. Right in the middle of a cute appliqué. Grrr... I'm so bummed. So I'm taking a break to write a quick tutorial for ya instead. I'll deal with the "what now" part tomorrow.

I'm not fond of New Year's resolutions because I usually break them in the first week. But, this year, I'm trying to make decisions keeping this quote in mind. It's on my fridge and sidebar of my blog. I don't know who said it (and neither does Google), but it's so true.

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed,
is they trade what they want the MOST
for what they want at the MOMENT."
~author unknown





3 comments:

Mandalyon said...

Thanks for sharing that quote. I think I need to print myself a copy for me and the hubby and then share it with a few friends who could use some encouragement.

Amber said...

Ugh!!! I hope you get it all figured out! This applique is just adorable! Can't wait to see the finished piece!

Jessica said...

LOVE that quote! Makes me think of this one I printed and stashed in my wallet..."Saying no to something, means saying yes to something else." Initially I found that it helped me with our budget (and wasteful spending) which I've seriously tightened to help us accomplish some of our important goals, but I've found that it's really helped me with prioritizing my time to focus on the things that really matter to me and that are best for my family.

Thanks for sharing that quote!