Saturday, January 8, 2011

For once I'm ahead of the game!

After making a blog header from Sarah's easy tutorial I thought I would make our own Valentine's this year. This will be the first year that the girls have a large group to pass Valentine's out to. Even though they are in different classrooms, I thought I'd make it simple and use my favorite photo of both of them together. I think this is the last photoshoot I had with my camera, before it broke. *sigh*

First try isn't too bad. Kind of cute. I like the direction it's going, but something is missing. Needs more color to balance the cookies.

Photobucket

There, now this is better. Almost perfect.

Photobucket

The pink background is a little too dark. But I'm not changing it. It's plenty good enough, she says to her perfectionistic (is that a word?) self. Wanna take bets on whether this gets redone. again. ;)

I'm going to use Jenn's idea (who by the way is with her son right now, to bring him home - insert happy dance here) and cut slits to insert suckers. I'll print these as 4x6's.

Valentine's Day cards on the cheap. Love it!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Your girls are so adorable and the Valentine card is scrumptious!

Heather L. said...

Love it! You did a great job!

Kris said...

DARling!

Michael - Innkeeper said...

those card are adorable. love, love them!

so crafty!

holly_rapley said...

I never thought of homemade cards, now I might do something like that too! Previous years we just purchased the dimestore cartoony kind, and so does everyone else.