Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Room Re-Do: Part VII {Curtains}

I'd like to finish up our master bedroom redo this spring by adding curtains. Considering I started this a year ago, it's probably about time.

I've found a huge selection of home decor prints at Fabric.com. The swatches below are all part of the Premier Prints line. They are mostly screen printed onto lightweight canvas. Similar to indoor/outdoor fabric so hopefully I won't need blackout lining. The best part is that most of them would cost me about $6/yd which is great since I need about 12 yards.

To refresh your memory, here is the room that inspired the change.

Photobucket

And here is our room (before the silhouettes were added) with fabric choices. Thankfully they offer fabric samples, but to order 12 would be a bit much. Would you help me narrow the choices down?

Photobucket

Part of me feels like yellow would be nice and subtle. I don't think I'd actually put polka dots on my walls, but don't those look fun? I really like the idea of red, but can I still do that buffalo check with the diamond quilt on the bed? Black could be neat too, but would that make the room too dark and lose some of it's cheeriness from the yellow and red? Which ever I choose, I'll also make new Euro shams to match the curtains so there is less khaki in the room. I bought all 3 shams for less than $10 so I don't mind not using them.

I would love to know what you would choose if this were your room.

9 comments:

Amber said...

I think I would choose black or red. I usually try to stay away from matching the wall color (but thta is my opinion). I also don't think you can go wrong with the damask (#1&6). I also love houndstooth so I think #5 would also be fun. I know it would look nice with wny of the choices!

I love the inspiration room!!! I am starting to figure out what direction I want to go with my room since my MIL bought be a nice white quilt and euro shams for Christmas. Can't wait to get started!

Ruth H. said...

I like #6,9 & 10.

This room reminds me of a discussion I had with my MIL recently. We had been shopping together, and found a gorgeous bedspread made of yellow and white floral fabric. It was a very muted yellow. My MIL was telling me how she wanted to redecorate one of her bedrooms, using a black headboard and the yellow bedspread. I loved the idea, and I think a bright pop of red would really add to it!

Angel said...

Thanks for the help ladies!

Amber, enjoy the process, it's so much fun!

Ruth, that sounds lovely. I can't even tell you how much I'd like to paint my bed black. But I won't dare bring it up. My husband thinks that "Thou shalt not paint wood" should be a commandment. hehe But I'm pretty sure I can paint his nightstand red. It was mine growing up afterall, so I should get to choose that.

Jessica said...

3, 6, and 9 are my faves...how's that for a little math trivia?!

I think red euro shams out of #6 would be really fun against the wood grain of the bed, yellow walls and the silhouettes. And no, I don't think it's too much red even with the diamond quilt :)

Young Adventures... said...

I love the idea of red. I like yellow too, but yellow on yellow the curtains might get lost. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.
P.S.
I went with the Khaki velvet in our room and I love them!

Småenglenes verksted said...

I would go with the yellow because it's your master bedroom, and I think you'll rest better in yellow than in the other - rather bright - colors. I have a yellow bedroom, and it is so peaceful. Tone

The One and Only said...

I so love black and white so if I could choose, it would be either #2 or #3....I don't know, black and white to me is elegant....I can't wait to see the finished product!! love your blog and HNY!!

shaustein said...

Hi Angel:) My choice would be #6. The only red I'm able to see is the diamond quilt. I think you already have enough of the black in the bedding.

Will you make a bedskirt as well?

I just love to visit your site. You seem to have limitless creativity.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Sam

Jessica said...

THIS IS MY BEDDING TOO. . .I THINK I FOUND YOUR BLOG FROM EDIE'S?? NOT REALLY SURE. . . .

I HAVE A POST OF MY BEDROOM SOMEWHERE ON HERE.. ..