Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I think I'm in shock!

My mom just called us to say they have the results back from the bone marrow biopsy they took from my dad yesterday.

When he was diagnosed 2 months ago, his bone marrow was 95% cancer. Usually when people are diagnosed with Leukemia, it's only 5%. The type of Leukemia he has (ALL) is extremely aggressive. We've heard that over and over from his Dr.'s.

But, as of right now, his bone marrow shows NO signs of cancer!!!

Wow! We can hardly believe it.

To be honest, the way things had been going, we were pretty sure it was going to come back showing no change, no move in the right direction. And that he would possibly choose no more treatment. It's been a bleak couple of weeks.

But God is working a miracle in his body and I am so thankful for all of you that have been praying for him. That you are a part of that miracle makes my heart just melt. Yes, I'm a bit weepy right now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for lifting my dad up to the one who heals. And thank you to the Great Physician for answering our prayers.

This battle is not yet over. The next step is to get him healthy enough for a stem cell transplant. Thankfully his brother is a match and lives in town. But we've got to get that pneumonia cleared up and his strength back.

13 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my, Angel!!! I'm speechless! Such wonderful news!!! Praying the pneumonia out of his chest...
Proverbs 3:5-6.
~Jessica

Kris said...

Thank the Lord!!

Småenglenes verksted said...

God is GREAT

Louley's Belles said...

Isn't it awesome, how God never Fails! Praying for your dad's strength and health. Merry CHRISTmas!

Suzanne said...

Wonderful news. I'm so happy for your family.

Sarah said...

so happy for you and your family. what a great Christmas gift!

The One and Only said...

so glad to hear that your dad is getting better!! wishing you guys all the best!!

Young Adventures... said...

Oh Angel that is awesome news!! Our God is sooo good!! Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Lady Multi-Tasker said...

Praise the Lord!

Kori said...

Wonderful news for a wonderful family :)

withpatience said...

Wonderful news about your dad! Sounds like you needed some good news after your bump, and your mom's arm, and your dad being so sick! I'm praying for you all too!

Kim @ Life of a Modern Mom said...

Amazing! So happy for your miracle!

Joy said...

I just wanted to comment I read your blog but have never commented.
God is so good Praise the Lord for the results!
My brother was diagnosed with A.L.L. 5 years ago, his marrow was also 95%, but praise be to God, he was healed and has been in remission now for 3 years. The doctors could not understand how he responded to treatment so well, so they actually included him in a study for treatments. My mother and father told the doctors it was the Great Physician who healed my brother, yes the treatments did wonders as well but God gets all the glory for his healing! We serve and Awesome God, who is still in the healing buisness! Praise the Lord on your fathers reports and we will send prayers up for your father as well!
Joy