Monday, November 15, 2010

A Fabric Mecca

Photobucket

I finally got to step foot inside Hancocks of Paducah. I know! And if you can believe this, it was completely on accident.

Three years ago when we drove to FL, I made it a stop on our route but we arrived 10 minutes after they had closed. All I got to do was press my nose against the glass and walk away disappointed. This time it wasn't even on my radar. But luck would have it that we ended up stopping for gas at the final exit for Paducah, which also happened to be their exit. And they were open!!!!

The first thing I did when I walked in was find the Dr. Seuss fabric and call Amy. LOL We planned out some skirts she's going to make for her daughter and a special someone. Just so ya know, we aren't buying any of the Seuss fabric for TaDa! since it's licensed. Darn that Cat.

I also picked up some fabric to make Christmas skirts for the girls and a new pattern. And I snapped a couple of pics inside (with permission of course). I was only in there for 15 minutes tops, but I could have spent hours.

One corner of the main room.

Photobucket

This store is HUGE! They have everything imaginable. And I behaved like a giddy little school girl. I asked if all the orders are cut from the fabric on the sales floor or if there is more in the back. She said "it all comes from right here, we're all cutting orders right now." I know, I'm such a nerd for even wondering about that. And I'm sure I looked at these little old ladies like they were celebrities. *giggle*

The back room.

Photobucket

And all the while I had a big ole pink Hello Kitty band-aid right in the middle of my forehead. More about that later, it's a good story.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Wow...wow...wow!!! My kind of candy shop!!