Friday, October 1, 2010

Discipleship at work

She gets it this one.

Photobucket

Last night after swim lessons, the girls ended up in the same shower area on deck as their teacher. As I started taking out Emily's ponytail, their teacher reached over and did the same to Allison's hair. Then she did the sweetest thing...she washed Allison's hair for her!

I really love this place. Both of the instructors we've had so far, you can really tell that they enjoy the kids. Since we are the last lesson of the night they often hang around talking and joking with the girls as they are sweeping up and we are getting ready to go home. Even teachers we haven't had yet join in on the fun.

So this morning I mentioned to Allison how nice it was of her teacher to wash her hair. Allison said excitedly in her sing-songy voice "I know! That's because she knows the Bible verse this week! Be kind to one another!"

She was just beaming that she knew why her teacher had been so nice to her. I was beaming that she was able to take something she had learned and see it in practice and put those two things together. Isn't it cute that she assumes her teacher is learning the same thing she is?

Oh how I love this girl!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Smart girl! I love her Christian upbringing; I think that's why she thinks everyone is on the same page as her.

Linda said...

Smart girl! I love her Christian upbringing; I think that's why she thinks everyone is on the same page as her.

Lisa said...

Very touching & I agree with Linda...smart girl!

Lisa said...

Very touching & I agree with Linda...smart girl.

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Now that just warms my heart, Angel. I'll bet she takes it to the next level and does a kindness for someone else soon. That's the good stuff indeed...

Jenn said...

darling!!! what a sweet heart! been praying for you and your dad this week...big hugs!

Young Adventures... said...

She sure is listening!! I love that! Happy weekend!