Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mu Shu Chicken Wraps

Wow are these good! I'm going to start making these once a week because they are a no-brainer, easy crock-pot meal. Sam ate 3 "tacos" so I call them a HUGE success.

Mu Shu Chicken Wraps

2 lbs chicken thighs, skinned and boned (I subbed chicken breasts and only had one pound)
1 white onion, diced
coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
1 Tb sesame oil
3/4 C hoisin sauce
1 Tb soy sauce
1 Tb honey
2 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp ginger, minced (I used a dash of ground, I'm not a fan)
6" flour tortillas
3 C Napa cabbage, shredded (lettuce would be fine too)
3 green onions, thinly sliced (I didn't bother)

Dice onion and put in bottom of crock pot.

Salt and pepper the chicken and heat oil in nonstick skillet on med-high heat. Brown chicken for 2-3 minutes per side and put in crock pot on top of the onions.

Whisk together hoisin, soy sauce, honey rice vinegar and ginger. Pour over the chicken and cover.

Cook on high for 1 hour, reduce to low for 5-6 hours. If you are going to be gone all day I'm sure you can just put it on low the whole time.

Place some chicken and cabbage on each tortilla and roll. Larger tortillas might be easier for kids since you can fold the bottom edge up first. I think these would also be good with a mild shredded cheese (maybe mozzarella) and even tomatoes.

Here are some other recipes I've been making lately in case you are want for ideas.
The bestest Chili ever. Period.
Homemade Chicken Tortilla Soup. Yum!
Pumpkin Pancakes. THE best!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds delish! Can't wait to try this one!

Pumpkin Pancakes...Aaaaah, such fond memories of our time in MN! Next time, we need to make it a fall trip - I want to experience a true Autumn! :)

Mama Lusco said...

We served this over whole grain fettucine noodles instead of wraps. They were great! Thanks for sharing your recipes :)