Saturday, August 28, 2010

Minnehaha Falls

Photobucket

Summer just flew right by. Thankfully we were able to pack in a few fun outings this past week as David took a mini stay-cation at home with us. Half was fun time and half was projects. My sweetie replaced the collapsing retaining wall at our back door with nice looking blocks. It made such a difference back there. And I re-grouted the second bath so he could put the toilet back in that's been sitting in the tub since May. Yes, I'm very good at procrastinating the icky jobs. but it's so nice to have that done now.

I however still have a long to-do. Sam's dresser and my desk have gotten 3 coats of red paint now, add at least once more is still needed. Maybe red wasn't such a good idea? This is taking forever! I'm also wishing I had just gotten out our paint sprayer because even though I used a good, new brush, you can still see all the brush-strokes (and I didn't paint it on too thick either). So now I'm going to sand everything again before the next coat. Ugh... Is it even possible to give something a distressed look after 4-5 coats of paint? I think my only choice now will be to add a coat of poly at the end and pray it doesn't chip easily.

So, back to the fun stuff. We took the kids to see Minnehaha Falls and had a great time. I had forgotten how beautiful it is over there. The park is beautiful and I remember having family pic-nics here when I was younger.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next time we'll rent one of this fun bikes.

Photobucket

I didn't remember this sign, but thought it was hilarious.

Photobucket

But these stairs I remember well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think it's time to give David a little camera lesson.
Photobucket

This was the only pic where we were in focus. LOL

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They've really done a lot with the grounds. I can't wait to go back and enjoy the area at a slower pace. We were headed off to the Mall of America right after to get some lunch and enjoy some rides.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Young Adventures... said...

I grew up in Highland Park, so we frequented the falls as a family. We were just there a few weeks ago for church, it really is beautiful. I hope to go again, and really enjoy the beauty of it. Did you see that cute little restaurant "sea salt"? I want to go next time. Apparently they have great fish tacos!

Young Adventures... said...

I grew up in Highland Park, so we frequented the falls as a family. We were just there a few weeks ago for church, it really is beautiful. I hope to go again, and really enjoy the beauty of it. Did you see that cute little restaurant "sea salt"? I want to go next time. Apparently they have great fish tacos!

Angel said...

Rachel, we actually ate at Sea Salt for lunch (totally cute!), but I use that term loosely. I tried to pass off the fish tacos as chicken but the kids weren't buying it. Definitely more of an adult taste. And most everything is fried but they didn't have french fries go to with the fish and I was surprised they didn't have clam chowder too. So after $40 (3 meals to share and 5 drinks) we still had to feed the kids at the MOA. LOL I would go again with just adults next time. But as a family we will be packing a pic-nic in the future.

We drove down to the locks right after and then of course I had my bearings when I saw the Ford plant. My mom grew up near Highland Park, just a block from St. Marks, on Selby.