Friday, August 13, 2010

Day Out With Thomas

Last Saturday we headed out to A Day Out with Thomas. Sam loves Thomas who he just calls by the name of "car". Anything with wheels is a car. The girls love Thomas too.

Photobucket

It was a drizzly kind of day, but that didn't dampen our fun one bit. Losing Sam for 5 minutes however did. Thankfully I had plenty of pictures of him in his bright orange shirt on my camera.

I love this pic because it gives you an idea of how Sam's wave looks more like a karate chop.

Photobucket

The kids all enjoyed trying their hand at mini golf while we waited our turn for the 25 minute train ride.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We met some friends there and had a great time.

Photobucket

I don't think I've ever actually been on a train before. But I know for sure if it was any longer I would have gotten motion sick. So this was perfect for me.

Photobucket

The girls were very well behaved.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And even the Little Man did a great job while we waited a while to get going.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And one of the best parts was going home tuckered out.

Photobucket

We decided that after losing Sam for those five minutes that this was a nice wake-up call before we hit the theme parks of Orlando in November. We will make sure Sam is always strapped in to his stroller or holding one of our hands. I'm very thankful to the nice family that saw he was alone and shadowed him until they knew the right people got him. Sounds just like something I would do (and have done) if I saw a little guy walking around saying "Dada?" and no one claiming him. Turns out he did an about face and walked right behind us all the way up the hill to the fence. Of course he was just fine, as if it was no big deal by the time Daddy got to him. Not a single tear or look of worry or relief. He was happy as could be. Kind of scary actually. I was a wreck of course, standing at the entrance where David had the good sense to send me with the girls, talking to the staff asking what system they had in place for lost kids. They were definitely not as prepared as our wonderful Zoo. We were on our way up to the stage to use the microphone when the tears came and the nice lady said "And this is when the panic sets in." *gasp* Yes, my mind was going to every possible terrible place in those short, but felt like eternity, five minutes. Thankfully we ran in to David and Sam just a few feet later.

To the quick-minded mom that followed Sam, I am forever indebted to you.

6 comments:

Kim @ seven thirty three said...

We just did A Day out with Thomas in July with my three kiddos. It was a hit all the way around. When we first got there Thomas was pulling out for a ride and my little guy burst into tears because he thought Thomas was leaving! ;)

My heart stopped FOR YOU! I haven't had this happen with my kids, but when we went to Canada when my brother was 4 and I was 13 we lost him in a mall! A MALL. It took about 10 mins until my Dad found him in a clothing store. My mom and I were bawling. SO SCARY. What a wonderful woman that kept her out on him until you were located.

Amber said...

What a fun outing!!! I can't even imagine how you were feeling ehn Sam was lost!!! Thank God for other good moms!

Jessica said...

So glad you guys had a fun time at Thomas!!! Love that pic of you and Allison - so pretty!

How scary about Sam??!! My heart went out to you just reading it. I can't even begin to imagine experiencing it firsthand! You know those "leash backpacks" (sorry can't think of the right term)...as much as I don't like them, I'm thinking I need to get one for Hudson. He's already my escapee, LOL! Glad everyone is safe & sound :)

April Grey said...

Yes Angel get one of those animal backpacks with the leash. I have one for Jordyn and although some people stare, most actually approach me and say what a good thing it is(usually moms). I got her one after she took off on me one day in a crowd and it scared the daylights outta me. I use it when we go to the mall and we used it at Universal this year, better safe than sorry and this thing gives you peace of mind.

April Grey said...

Yes Angel get one of those animal backpacks with the leash. I have one for Jordyn and although some people stare, most actually approach me and say what a good thing it is(usually moms). I got her one after she took off on me one day in a crowd and it scared the daylights outta me. I use it when we go to the mall and we used it at Universal this year, better safe than sorry and this thing gives you peace of mind.

Kim said...

I immediately thought of this post from my friend Missy when you talked about Orlando with the kids. I think she has a great solution. I'll be doing something similar when we go to the zoo this week.

http://www.themarketingmama.com/2009/08/make-your-own-safety-id-bracelets.html