Friday, July 16, 2010

Off to a good start

Photobucket

Faux wood button found at JoAnn. In the Vintage Home Decor section (currently 50% off). At my store it was in the back, sandwiched between the basket isle and the frame isle and just in front of all the smelly candles. About $10 (after discount). Thanks Colleen for the heads up!

I found the fun white letters at JoAnn too. It's a bit intimidating to just randomly start picking letters, not knowing precisely how they will all look once laid out, so I started with these just because they looked pretty in that font. I'm sure I'll end up doing some returning at some point (shhh...don't tell David, he hates it when I buy things knowing I might need to return them), but I am trying to keep that to a minimum. I think the button will end up being painted black unless I can make it look like it's wood. But I'm not too sure I have those kind of skills.

I'm excited to see how this all unfolds. And looks like I'm not the only one either. Jenn is revamping her main floor and an alphabet wall will be making an appearance soon too. Speaking of Jenn, I can't wait to share with you the adorable little doll I made for her newest edition. I'm waiting until she sees him in person first though (probably Monday).

5 comments:

Amber said...

Love the button!!! Can't wait to see how it turns out!!! Love the idea!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Yay! You found one! Can't wait to see this little project come to life...

Have fun with it, Angel!

Young Adventures... said...

I'm so excited to see how it turns out!! Have a great weekend Angel!

Ruth H. said...

That button is SO FUN! Keep up the good work with the collection. And thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog.

Kori said...

smiling at you i totaly thought of you today crazy i know but I did- - I was at kohls and in the picture frames they had big ol black letters .. and I thought of you again when I was at home depot - They sell OPPS quart paints for 50 cents I thougth OMG how cheap for angel to paint her letters hehe! I so wish I would have had seen this when the kiddos were smaller -