Friday, June 11, 2010

Peonies and Stuff

The peonies are actually all gone now. And I can't wait to take my shovel to them and split them this year. I've got big plans for our flower beds this summer. I'm digging new ones and expanding existing ones. The bricks behind Emmy here are where I'll be planting hostas to fill up the space under our crab-apple tree. David won't miss mowing this hill and I think a sweet little bench or Adirondack chairs back there would be cute. I'll also be leaving space for a row of Hydrangeas along the back of the garage. And the Rhubarb will find a new home in a sunny spot back there too.

Photobucket

We've had so much rain here lately, and cool days, I'm ready for a heat wave again next week. Temps in the 60's just don't scream summer to me.

Photobucket

The girls sure enjoyed picking flowers this spring.
If they had their way, there would be none left on the plants.

Photobucket

I've finally become a coffee drinker. I never thought I'd see the day, but Coffee Mate French Vanilla is really yummy. Sleep is at a premium for us again lately. David being on call for work is a lot like having a newborn in the house. But without the sweet baby to cuddle.

Photobucket

I've managed to lose 8 pounds now. I'm a forth of the way to my goal.
Bahamas...here we come!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Adventures of a CrAzY LaDy! said...

Woooo Hoooo for losing 8 pounds - good for you! I hope you post pictures of the transformation of your flower bed, it sounds like it'll be beautiful!

Amber said...

Yea!!! for loosing 8 lbs!!! Wish I had a green thumb and could make my flowers look better :) Love the bright dresses too!

Jessica said...

Ooooh, how I love peonies!! My favorite flower in the whole wide world! I tried growing some a couple of years back but I'm no green thumb. Yours are GORGEOUS! The close up of Emily's hands holding the peony looks like a Mother's Day canvas to me!! :)

Super woo hoo for 8lbs. gone!!! You'll be sporting that itty bitty yellow polka dot bikini in no time ;)

Sarah said...

very cute pics of the girls :)