Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Park

So I had this great idea. To take the kids to the park for a pic-nik.

Getting there was just fine, coming home was a different story.

Photobucket

Yep, that was 3 kids in a stroller made for 2. Cozy and a little hot. Emily was our look-out for each next patch of shade along our trek.

Photobucket

We dined on ham and cheese sandwiches, grapes, Oreos and apple juice. As Sam would say, "Yum!"

Photobucket

I really love this park, it's so pretty all around here.

Photobucket

A rare moment when they were all in one spot.

Photobucket

It's fun to think that we started coming here when the girls were Sam's age, and now there isn't a part they can't play on by themselves.

Photobucket

We didn't get to stay very long since Sam's nap was approaching and he was looking pretty red from heat. I took what I thought would be a cooler way back, more trees. But I should have been more concerned about the time. Before I knew it they were all complaining and trying to get out.

So I thought walking would be a good idea.

Photobucket

Sam getting coached by his sister on how to say "Hi" to everyone they meet.
Do your kids do that too? Can you see his red little face? At this point I was really wishing I had brought along even more to drink.

Photobucket

This lasted about half a block more, then the crying and fighting began as some wanted back in and others wanted to walk without holding hands and I tried to tame the unruly stroller which really gets away from me going downhill.

Photobucket

Fortunately we happened upon a lemonade stand and I even had cash with me.

Unfortunately Sam took a nose-dive onto the street and was now bleeding from his nose and forehead (the third time in two days...boys I tell ya). Carrying him home the rest of the way (he was NOT going back in that stroller) and getting the girls to push the stroller not down the middle of the road was next to impossible. But, nothing a nice little nap can't cure!

I think next time...we are driving to the park or waiting for Daddy to get home.

How are you enjoying your summer days?

6 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Oh my! The fun and memorable misadventures with three! I can relate...

We've just started to hit our groove here, I think. Thanks to our latest favorite summertime spot. Winslow Park has picnic tables in the shade overlooking the ocean, a sweet little beach area at high tide, a fun playground, nature trails, and lots of green spaces to runaround and relax. We bought a pass (super cheap!) and have been enjoying this spot at least twice a week. Heaven ... just a 15 minute drive from home.

Angel said...

Colleen, you had me at "ocean." Sounds like heaven. Can we come play with you? :)

Andrea said...

What a trip! The photos are great. I love photos of kids holding hands from behind.

Amber said...

What a fun time...not so sure for mom :) I know how hard things can be with just 1...I can't even imagine how I would be able to do it with 3!

Andrea said...

Kudos to you for a doing something nice and memorable!! and hopefully they'll just remember the FUN parts and not the monstrous trek back home!!
Are you sore yet? :)

emma said...

I just found your blog & I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to try some of you neat projects!! right now i'm getting ready for a yardsale, but next week, you're definitely on my list! Thanks for sharing!