Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm still here...

Thank you for the sweet e-mails, wondering if I've fallen off the face of the earth. :) Yep, I'm still hear. Just knee deep in sewing Dollies for the shop, landscaping and then falling into bed at night completely exhausted. I'm dying to show you more of a look at the Dollies, now that they've had their hair and make-up done, but we want the final reveal to be a big surprise. These dolls have been tweaked and tweaked and tweaked some more. They are just so darn cute we can hardly stand it. Amy and I are making 33, 25 will find their way to the shop, yet we want to keep every one of them for ourselves.

I've also been cooking up a storm lately. I grilled teriyaki salmon for the first time and it was fab.u.lous. If you don't think you like fish (or just salmon), then you have to try this recipe.

And what fun is a blog post without a photo? I leave you with this shot of my girls 4 years ago. They were 9 months old, Allison-L, Emily-R. My how things have changed! I miss these little ones...

Photobucket

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Can't wait to see! And holy smokes...does Allison look like Sam in that picture!!

I miss the baby days too!!!

Jenn

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Such a sweet "remember when." Glad to hear you're still here -- busy creating and enjoying life. Can't wait to see what you'll have to share!

Amber said...

I'm glad to hear you are still alive :) I even sent a message asking Jessica about you and she was right...you were sewing :)

Can't wait to see these adorable dollies I have been reading about!

Jessica said...

How sweet are they in their 4th of July babyness???!!!!! Beautiful babies then, beautiful little girls now. Miss you guys.

Can't wait to see the beautiful landscape...and the dollies, of course ;)
~Jessica

Kacey said...

I bet the dollies are fabulous! I can't believe you all have made that many!! I can't believe home much Allison and Sam look alike either!

Angel said...

I used to think that Sam looked a lot like Emily, but now he's for sure more like Allison. Ya'll have good eyes. ;)

We are so excited about the Dollies! Amy even dreamt one night that she had swallowed a Dollie and actually woke up choking and gasping for air. Who knew sewing these beauties could have such an effect?!?! LOL

Sarah said...

so excited to see them, makes me wish I had a girl to give one to! :)

Sarah said...

can't wait to see them, makes me wish I had a girl to give one to :)