Wednesday, June 23, 2010

18 months {make that almost 20}

Sam, how did you get to be such a big boy already? Part of me is missing the baby you, but I also really love the little man you are growing in to. You are just a bundle of energy and so good natured and fun.

Photobucket

Your favorite things right now are "Caws" (cars) which is also said for anything with wheels, including trains. The minute we open the door you yell "caw, caw, caw" and run to it hoping for a ride. "Shoooos" also tops the list, mostly because you know that means we are going somewhere. You always know exactly where to find yours. If you had your way, you would be on the go 24/7...in a car...wearing shoes.

Photobucket

You also love your "seesas" (sisters). You definitely know who is who. They are often the first to wake you up from a nap and when Daddy or I come to get you instead, you immediately ask where they are. When driving to pick up the girls from school, you start calling their names when we make the turn down the correct road. You really miss them when they are gone.

Photobucket

Oh and we can't forget about your Daddy. I have never seen such excitement at the phrase "Daddy's Home." And when he dresses you in your matching Revolution soccer team jerseys, to watch the World Cup, you tug on your shirt because you know you two match.

Photobucket

You just discovered picking raspberries from our neighbors garden and love it.

Photobucket

You love being pushed in your swing. Pretty much everything outside is your favorite. You are great with the sidewalk chalk too...and crayons...and markers...as long as you also have paper.

Photobucket

Indeed you are growing up into a fine young boy. Your smile can light up a room and I love how you pretend to be shy with everyone you meet but are also quick to warm up to them. I'm so glad you are over the hump of crying when we leave you in the nursery at Church. But we greatly enjoy coming to pick you up and seeing you run to us, screaming at the top of your lungs "Mama" or "Dada."

Photobucket

You are a fun loving little guy and are learning so much each and every day. We've noticed that your learning is a bit more obvious and possibly quicker, since you have two big sisters to keep up with.

Photobucket

And oh my, are boys more physical than girls. Not a day goes by that I don't nearly die of fright over your acrobatic skills. This is all new to us...walking on tables, running and jumping on people for no obvious reason other than because it's fun and nearly throwing yourself off the changing table several times a day. Slow down Little Buddy, your Mama is exhausted.

Photobucket

Yes, your smile is like sunshine on a cloudy day.

Photobucket

We can't imagine our family without you.

Photobucket

Keep smiling Mr. Sunshine. We love you!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Awww... what a little sweetie, Angel.

The third one seems to grow SO much faster than the others. At least that's how it feels around here. ;)

Enjoy that adorable 'getting bigger' boy...

holly_rapley said...

The raspberry picture looks so much like Allison.

Amber said...

Wow...I can't believe how big he is getting!!! Love all the pictures....Sam is turning into one handsome little man :)

Kim G said...

What a big boy he is becoming... I had him in VBS Monday and he was the most docile (sp?), happy little man in the class. Definitely well-adjusted. Colleen is right, the third baby seems to grow so much faster. What a sweet, beautiful family you have.

Sarah said...

He is CUTE (and I consider myself an expert on little boys!) Wish he and Nathan could play... maybe this summer :)

Young Adventures... said...

He is sooo adorable!!!

Jessica said...

Oh my, can he get any cuter??? I love all the things he is saying these days and I LOVE his red chucks!!!

L.O.V.E. that 8th picture from the top! His smile is priceless!
~Jessica

Heather L. said...

Oh my, he is SO cute!!! I had to laugh when you talked about boys being more physical than girls - you are so right on with that! My Carter is 15 months and after two girls he is keeping me on my toes all the time. I never called poison control until he was born (he climbed on a bathroom counter and took a swig from a Comet bottle while I was turned around putting laundry away), and he is always climbing on something. Boys are SO much fun, though, and so loving! I can relate to so many of the things in your post (such as Sam's love for his sisters - Carter is the same way although he calls them his "didas"). I really enjoyed reading all about little Sam.

Enjoy your little man!!!

Jenn said...

Love it! He is such a cutie pie little guy!! They are getting way too big too quick....it just kills me :( Would our little men love hanging out together or what???

Jenn

Erin said...

He is so cute!! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!