Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mall of America

Ok, I'm not doing this in any real order. I'm saving the best for last. My mind is all over the place, I can't think quite straight as I'm still recovering from the massive had cold I started getting the day the Little Pumpkin's family arrived. Oh and Jessica started her trip out by losing her voice. What a pair we were! And I'm pretty sad that this is the only good picture of the two of us that ended up on my camera (of over 400 pictures!!!). I'm hoping she has a good one on hers. You can see what's she's started writing here and here.

Photobucket

Our day at the Mall of America was really fun. We started with a quick ride on the Hot Air Balloons and then off to lunch at Rainforest Cafe. I really love that place, but my sweet and very sensitive Emily, cried through most of it and plugged her ears through almost all of it (even asking me to feed her). We were sat right in the middle of the gorilla room and boy was it loud and evidently scary too. Kind of funny to see Allison and Grace across the table from us loving every minute and pretending to be monkeys themselves. They had a blast!

Photobucket

Taking pictures in Lego Land. The Lego sculptures are enormous!

Photobucket

Two of a kind.

Photobucket

I love that at this age we can walk right past American Girl and no one even notices.

Photobucket

All aboard!

Photobucket

We were pretty surprised that we both fit in there with all five kiddos.
I think this was Hudson's first ride.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I never got a good picture of it, but Hudson loved to grab at Sam's hair, and Sam would just giggle the whole time because it tickled.

Photobucket

Hudson is a good on-the-go napper. This little boy is just precious!

Photobucket

Couldn't resist a picture of my big guy. :)

Photobucket

The Merry-Go-Round is always a favorite.

Photobucket

And the roller coaster was hilarious. I sat with Sam and my little daredevil thought it was great fun. Even Virginia (aka Noonie) enjoyed it.

Photobucket

Allison sat in the front row all by herself. What a big girl!
Of course Emily wouldn't get near this one.
Someday...

Photobucket

We finished our time with the Ferris Wheel. I still have yet to go on it, but I'm sure the view is great from up there.

Photobucket

I've got at least one more post about our week-end, but bye for now. I'm about to go catch some sun in the backyard with the girls, sip some lemonade and nurse my poor arms and hands that were butchered at the Dr.'s office this morning. Just the normal cholesterol and glucose test (now that I'm over 35). Five pricks later, and lots of digging, they finally got what they needed. But the bruises are already starting to show up and man does it hurt. Ouch!

Oh and a little teaser for you. Amy and I are going to a book-signing this Saturday night. And we will be giving away a signed copy of "___________" on the blog next week. Can you guess which book it is and which amazing woman we are so excited to meet? Never a dull moment around here!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Love that picture of Hudson sleeping! That's my sweet lil' guy!!

Okay and I'll go with "the camera adds 20 lbs + my whole head must have been swollen from the laryngitis" to explain away why I look like I weigh 500lbs in that first pic ;) J/K The diet, the serious hardcore diet, started yesterday. HA!

Jessica said...

Oh, and one more thing that made me laugh so much while we were there - Grace has never sucked her thumb. She wanted to be so much like Miss A that she even had to copy that! Those two are cut from the same mold!! Grace misses A & E and "baby Sam" as she called him so very much! ((Hugs))

Angel said...

Well after seeing that pic of me with my hair down (which I rarely do, I'm a ponytail girl), I decided I need to go short again, like in my sidebar photo again. Ugh!

I had no idea about Grace sucking her thumb because of Allie, that's too funny.

Every day since, the girls ask when Grace is coming over. They don't quite understand why she can't come over. Distance is just hard to explain. I better get out a map!

Sugar and Spice Mommy said...

so much fun!!
what are the girls all wearing....did you make those or buy them....they are just TOO cute!!:)

Angel said...

Ashley, Grace is wearing Matilda Jane (from the current Hammond Bay collection) and the adorable jean jacket was made by our friend Jenn (see my sidebar for a link to her shop "Take A Bow"). My girls are wearing the Easter outfits I made for them this year.

Amber said...

So much fun!!!! Love all the pictures. You two lookk great! I too have been tempted to chopped my hair off but then I couldn't do the ponytail as well :)

Kacey said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I've had the chance to meet a few other ebay sellers, but not any of the buyers. You are so lucky!! I chopped my hair off about 15 months ago and have been ponytail free since then (even though it's long enough now to put it in one!)