Thursday, April 22, 2010

On Praise

Photobucket

This morning Emily hung out with Daddy while he was getting ready for work. Their conversation went like this...

D: "Emily, I am so proud of you. I love having you as my daughter and I love you very much."
E: "Yeah."
D: "Honey, the polite response when someone praises you is "Thank you.""
E: "Da-aaaaaad. We only praise GOD, not little girls, silly."

Oh what a sweet girl she is and she is right on the money.
(We'll use the word "compliment" next time.)

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I love this. I REALLY love this. What a sweetheart and what a great job you guys are doing teaching her right!

Andrea said...

She's so smart!! Couldn't we all learn from children!
Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com

love said...

oh, CUTE!

just wanted to say how much you touched me and that i am praying. the things that you shared make me live better & love more.

Amber said...

just precious! Love sweet little conversations like these :)

332wil0佳穎4burc_custis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Oh, how sweet! And smart too.

It's been fun to catch up with all of your posts this morning, Angel! You always share the best tutorials and such! I need to develop a more love-love relationship with my sewing machine...

Happy Weekending...

Em said...

Isn't it wonderful when you realize the things you try to teach your children-the really important things-are becoming part of who they are? Good job, Mom (:

Sugar and Spice Mommy said...

How precious is that???