Friday, April 30, 2010

The dreaded Mom jeans

I am lovin' this post. If you haven't read it, or at least looked at the photos, you should.
She teaches you how to look like this in your jeans

Photobucket
instead of like this

Photobucket

Yay, I think I'm finally on the right track. Did you also know that you can shorten your jeans and keep that factory hem? I just did that to a new pair of mine and I love them. It helps to have someone else pin them for you first. Thanks Amy! That tutorial and a list of many others that I've been adding to are in this post (in case you've missed it). You can also click on the dollie in my sidebar to get to it.

7 comments:

sandra said...

thanks for the warm vibes!

I think i need my mom to see this post! lol
the way they hemmed up the pants is so clever, thanks!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed the post. It is most definitely the most fun post I've ever gotten to write.

Kim G said...

Great post! I have never thought about mom jeans quite like that before. I do have a gripe, not against you of course.. As a full-figured and also short mom, I don't have a lot of options on cute, flattering, non-mom jeans. Any brand suggestions? I usually just grab what fits and zips up and then buy 3 pairs of them because I hate shopping for clothes. Suggestions??

Angel said...

Sandra, I still can not believe how much snow you have right now!

Rachel, I never knew exactly what the differences were until you pointed everything out. Who knew it was all in the pockets? I just thought it was the rise. Great job!

Kim, looks like they were shopping at Sears maybe? I would say just try on every single pair you can at any/all department stores even if you don't think they will work. You might end up being surprised at what you end up with. The last couple of pairs I just bought were at Old Navy. I ended up with their mid-rise "Dreamer" style. I too am curvy (in more ways than I used to be before having kids) LOL. Don't worry about length since you can always shorten them the easy way I mentioned. Good luck!

Kori said...

you come up with the best posts hehe! I forward the post about mom jeans to my mom and sister they are sure to get a smile out of it - I can't tell you how many times we laugh about Jeans :)

Londen @ Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Is that the same butt?! What a difference!

Jessica said...

I must now go through every single pair of jeans I own. There's a lot of "mom" things I'm proud to own, "mom butt" is NOT one of them!