Monday, March 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Seeing as how Allison has had the flu since 11pm last night and now I have it and we both only slept for one hour last night and I can't get to the grocery store and I may never feel good again...this may not happen.

But, I'm super thankful for a sweet friend that just brought us dinner and for a husband that stayed home to take care of us and plans to take my grocery list to the store tonight after he tucks us all in bed (where hopefully we will be able to stay until morning!).

Emily helped me go through my recipe binder yesterday and picked out some new ones to try. I hope this means she'll actually eat them. She's become a picky eater later. I'll let you know what the stand-outs are. Lunch is usually leftovers or something easy like PB&J.

Tu Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins and scrambled eggs
*By the way, my friend Colleen has an amazing collection of muffin recipes on her blog!
Tu Stacked Chicken Tortilla and fresh fruit
Tu Dump Cake

W Oatmeal and toast
W Mu Shu Chicken Wraps and steamed broccoli
W Rainbow Cupcakes for St. Patty's Day

Th Ham Egg and Cheese Biscuit Cups (made the night before) double to freeze extras
*I've found that it's better NOT to pre-bake the shells, and these freeze really well.
Th Fantastic Taco Salad

F Cold cereal and fruit
F Kung Pao Chicken with rice, add veggies to the stir-fry

Sa Overnight French Toast (assemble Fri night)
Sa White Bean and Chicken Chili and Famous Dave’s Cornbread

Su Leftover French Toast
Su Fiesta Mexican Lasagna and corn

For more menu plan ideas, hop over to orgjunkie.com.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Yum! All the recipes look really yummy! Let me know how the peanut butter muffins taste!

Kacey said...

I hope you feel better soon!! :-) I wish I was as organized as you with planning my meals. I usually plan about my meals about an hour before I cook them!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Your menu plans sound delicious, Angel. I hope you're all well enough to enjoy them.

Rest and get well soon, my friend...

(((HUGS)))

開心唷 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...

I want to know about the Overnight French Toast. Is it a family fave or a new recipe? If new, was it good? Love some french toast!!

Angel said...

Jessica, I've made the French toast once before. I'm pretty sure we loved it, but I'll let you know tomorrow as I have a pan in the fridge right now. :)