Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Little Piggies

I'm making save, spend and tithe banks for the girls. These little piggies are their save banks. I used the bird fabric from their room as inspiration. Next I'll be refashioning Crystal Light containers into their tithe banks. They've already got Disney princess banks for their spending money. I still need to get them each a little coin purse so they have something to carry their offering in, to church.

1. what I learned : drawing on a curved surface is rather tough
2. what I wish : that I had found all of these colors, tips and remover first
3. what I heard : mommy, you are so creative, wow, I love it (negating numbers 1 and 2)







Matthew 6:20 "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." NIV

9 comments:

Young Adventures... said...

I just did this with Katie and Ian last week! Except I wasn't creative. I just got jars out and had the kids label them. We did college money (money they cannot use), savings, spending, and giving. I'm really excited about it, and so are they! Your girls are right...you are very creative!! Have a great day Angel!

Mary Beth said...

what a great idea! I just found your blog and enjoy reading it! I will definitely be doing this for my daughter =, Molly Grace, who is only 8 months now. What a great way to teach your children this valuable lesson! totally going to implement this in my household!

Angel said...

Thanks ladies! Mary Beth, glad you came to visit.

Just realized I had the first photo in there twice and change corrected it to show the other side of lil miss piggy.

Amber said...

Great idea and as always too cute!

Amber said...

Great idea and as always too cute!

Marcia said...

Another great idea!
Angel, can I ask where you found these piggies? They look like small ones, are they? I've only seen the big ones at Target and looking for something smaller.

Angel said...

Marcia, they are smaller, quite a bit smaller than what you've seen at Target. I bought them at that storage store at Centennial Lakes. I can't remember what it's called, there's another one over there now too (by West Elm). It's something like Storable, Organized Living or The container Store. It's the one in the same parking area as Q'Cumbers, across from old Navy. If you'd like to borrow my paint pens you are more than welcome too, they can be quite spendy.

Marcia said...

Thanks Angel - I know exactly which store you're talking about! They've changed the names many times. :)
I actually have the pens from when I made Audrey a bank but I couldn't find a bank for Lauren that I liked so this will be perfect!! :)

Kacey said...

What a great idea! I just saw those same little piggies at the Dollar Tree last night so I picked two of them up for my kids as well :-) I'm not sure how good my paint pen skill are though!!