Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Birthday Dress and a Winner

I finished the Birthday dress just in time for gift wrapping. Whew!  I think she turned out purdy cute too.
What do you think?

It's the one in the middle. I love that she will coordinate with my girls. We'll have to get together this summer for a little photo shoot.  Maybe even at the Farm.

I only made this one 1" shorter than the others, but then I cinched up the neck a little so it won't fall off her shoulders, so that took it up another inch.  This dress is easy to play with , just by adjusting how much you do or don't cinch up the neck elastic.  When she gets bigger I'll just replace the elastic with a longer piece to make it fit a little longer for her.

I also wanted to show you how the ruffle looks when you finish it off with a narrow hem instead of a serger rolled hem.  I'm adding this pic to the tutorial too. !t still looks great!


Next up, what you've all been waiting for...




and the winner is (drumroll please)


Terri said:  "I love the fabrics of your dresses! I am always checking your blog for crafty inspriration or a new tute! My 2 year old daughter loves helping me "make" things! This would make a sweet little Easter dress!!"

Congratulations Terri!  E-mail me at tadacreations@gmail.com and I'll get this sweet dress sent out to you!

And a great BIG thank you to all who entered, for the wonderful comments y'all left. I wish I could make a dress for each and every one of your little girls.  *sigh* And I love that so many of you came out of hiding to say "Hi".  You should do it more often.  ;)  Comments always make my day!

7 comments:

Amber said...

The birthday dress turned out great!!! It might be my favorite but how do you choose with all the great fabric you chose!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Those dresses are so fabulously sweet and summery, Angel! Love 'em.

And your sippy cup quips so made me chuckle. Hope you're having a good weekend...

Jessica said...

Those 3 little dresses lined up are sooooooooo cute. I love, love them all, but I LUV the one for Miss M.

P.S. The party is now over but the little pumpkin refuses to take off her SS apron :)

Lisa Brown said...

You do such beautiful work...and your little girls are just precious! I' am new to your site, it is such a treat!

Angel said...

Thanks ladies! Welcome Lisa, I'm glad you found me.

~Angel

Sugar and Spice Mommy said...

These are so cute! I have just bought the pattern and fabric to make some for my girls this week! I'm soo excited!! Thanks for the tutorial!:)

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

Hi Angel, finally I get to return your visit to my blog Craft-Werk. I love your beautiful creations here. Wish my little girl was a bit younger... So sweet!