Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Playroom Re-Do Part I {Dear Playroom}

You're setting a bad example for the kids. Leaving all your toys on the floor like that.

house

I'm talking to you too clothes chute! Mocking me with your open doors^.
A constant reminder that you're full to the brim.

Oh, don't you talk back to me by falling on the floor as I walk by.
I hear you laughing, but it wasn't funny.

house

That's not nice at all. It will only end you up in a time-out with all the other dirty clothes.
And believe me nobody wants to be in there (unless you're a little boy looking for your rocking chair).
It's scary. That's where the spiders live. I don't even want to be in there.

house

Now, back to you playroom.
Do you really think you are helping us out here?
I mean, all I did was have two straight play-dates at our house and then sewed 3 baby ribbon blankets, 2 crayon rolls and wrote 2.5 tutorials (yep, another one's coming).
I wasn't gone that long.

house

It's not like I was eating bon bons ya know.
I was crafting with 3 sweet little girls, feeding my family and making others happy.
And this is how you repay me?

house

Is that really fair?

house

Yeah, I didn't think so.

house

Now you're talking.

house

That's a nice touch. I love it!

house

Thank you, playroom.
Just don't make me have to talk to you about this again.

Stay tuned for a playroom make-over. Another room in the house that never really got finished. And I'll be doing it on the cheap. Any tips on how to convince the Boss to let me paint his desk?
I've got great things in store for it.

10 comments:

david said...

Paint the desk? No way.

Kori said...

ahh can't wait to see it painted Maybe red? HMM aqua and brown LOL-I love all your crafty ideas .... inspires me :)

I have to laugh I just got doen picking up the playroom here and I think we 1/2 of the same toys to pick up LOL

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

I think our playrooms are in cahoots, Angel. Ours is shockingly disastrous at the moment. I better do something about that before our after school play date today...

I'm excited to see what you'll do with your space. And I think "on the cheap" is code for beautifully/creatively done. Which is right up my alley.

As for the desk ... keep working on it ;D

Mandy said...

Hilarious!!

I need to go have a talk with my playroom too!!

I LOVE your green wall in there, so pretty! & Where did you get those Red Kitchen pieces, I'm on the hunt for some for Sneaky E!

Mandy said...

and I had to go look at all the pictures again...but, I would paint the desk BLACK & add some drawer pull hardware on there to do with your mod kitchen & black frames on the green wall. :)

Angel said...

Surprisingly, it's still clean! But it's only been 2 days. LOL

Mandy, the kitchen pieces are from Pottery Barn kids (Christmas present 2 years ago that I saved up forever to buy). I have since seen a cute version on Amazon that would have been a much smarter choice. It used to be available in red too I think, but only saw pink just now. Hmmm...spraypaint? hehe

http://www.amazon.com/Kidkraft-Retro-Kitchen-Refrigerator-Pink/dp/B001706BRI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1265205917&sr=8-1

FYI: the sink gets the most playtime, but the fridge is great for storage bins.

I'm considering making this room my aqua/red haven and losing the green. We'll see. Getting a new/old bookcase from my mom tonight. Lots of ideas swirling...

Jenn said...

You are too funny! I'm living in that chaos right now too...trying to get my Etsy store back up and going...the fabric is flying...the toys are scattered....bliss :)

Jenn

Kristie said...

Playroom blues!

Blessings,
Kristie

Mandy said...

Oh, thank you friend!

& yes, Aqua/Red is my most favorite combo ever!!

Londen @ Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Our playroom gets like that too, but its a lot smaller so its quick to pick up.
Yours looks so fun!