Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"You'll Thank Me" Muffins

Photobucket

Yesterday morning I decided that I should make the kids muffins for breakfast, with fresh squeezed OJ. The muffins were a big hit, especially with this little guy. The OJ, not so much. The girls aren't used to pulp, but WOW the taste just can't be beat.

By the time I got the camera he had snagged himself another muffin.

Photobucket

I can't blame him really. They were oh-so-yummy.

Photobucket

If you like seeing big smiles on their faces, you might want to make them too.

Photobucket

I found the recipe at All Recipes, but made the changes one reviewer suggested, so here is what I did.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 C Flour (I used half whole wheat and half regular)
1/3 C + 3 Tb Sugar
4 Tb Cocoa Powder
1 Tb Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla
1 C Mashed Bananas (about 3 reg)
2/3 C Oil
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 C milk
1 C Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder.
In another bowl, blend the bananas, oil, vanilla and eggs together. Add to dry ingredients, mixing just until blended. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into a greased muffin pan, filling three-fourths full. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.

*These would be great even without the chocolate chips, or with white chocolate chips instead.

5 comments:

Young Adventures... said...

Those look yummy! I think I'll make them for breakfast tomorrow. I love your photography! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Angel said...

You will love them Rachel! I keep over-ripe bananas in my freezer so this was an easy spur-of-the-moment recipe to make. Not super healthy, but I did add whole wheat flour...teehee. That's gotta count right? I just ate one with butter on it for a snack. They are almost all gone.

Jessica said...

Sounds delish - can't wait to try!

And can I just say that I see a lot of Allison in these pics of Sam!!! His hair is really growing in - he looks so grown up **sniff, sniff**. Angel, he has THE sweetest eyes...are they kind of hazel? I see some green in them!

And one more thing~ where did you find that cupcake stand? I bought my mom one that looks almost identical for Christmas but in red (from Target). The white would go with so much more!

Keep the recipes coming - love 'em!

Angel said...

I've been looking at photos of the girls when they were little and he's definitely got a lot of Allison in him. But there is also a bunch of Emily too. It really depends on his expression. His eyes are definitely hazel. That took me by surprise since I expected him to have brown like the girls. I think they are so pretty (I mean handsome LOL).

It's the same cupcake stand! I almost bought red thinking how cute for Valentine's Day. I saw it at several different Target's. Some store only had red, some just white and one had both. Let me know if you can't find a white one and I'll check here for you.

Jessica said...

I love that "handsome" comment - he, he, he - Lance gets on me all the time for saying "pretty" anything about Hudson :)

LOL, my first thought when I saw that cupcake stand was that you spray painted it! HA, HA, HA

When I gave the red one to my mom I told her one exception: I neeeeed to use it for valentine's and Grace's birthday :O