Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Room Re-do: Part III {What a difference a day makes}

Photobucket

Eight hours later, exactly 2 gallons of Behr Pismo Dunes 340C-3 (not a drop left) and our room feels all warm and glowy. It's perfect, we LOVE it! Thank you so much Sara for the help and the fellowship. Love you lots and lots!

Photobucket

Next up, silhouettes of the kids, picking up that black mirror and choosing curtains (white I think?).

Photobucket

I went to JoAnn on Sunday to buy the oval frames and found the perfect ironing board cover. I love it when you happen upon something you didn't know you needed, in a place you wouldn't expect. You just have to buy it, don't you? David likes it too since he reminded me that the ironing board seems to be a permanent fixture in the room. I think he was being facetious, maybe. ;)

I should probably pick up more of these photo boxes I found there too. I'm thinking it would be nice to free up some of the drawer space in my closet of all those sewing supplies like thread and ric rac, of which I have tons.

Photobucket

And just when I thought it couldn't get any better around here...the girls both slept through the night and stayed in bed until 7:00 this morning. I think this is the first time they've done that since moving from a crib to a bed, over a year ago. There was no waking up to use our bathroom at 2am (and asking me to wipe her bottom) or getting out of bed for the day, at 5am. I'm so well rested I could cry. We started a new reward system last night. They each earn a sticker for staying in bed until they see the 7 on their clock. After they each get 10 stickers we will take them to the toy store to pick out a new princess dress to wear to the Princess Ball in January. I am beyond excited that it worked. Somebody pinch me!

7 comments:

jona said...

Holy smokes! What a difference paint makes! It looks like a completely different room already and that ironing board should get center stage. Beautiful.

Kacey said...

Love the new color!! It's perfect! I can't wait to see it all done! My master bedroom needs some serious attention...soon!! Hooray to the girls for sleeping through the night! Mallory is terrible about that, but Jack has never come out of his room...ever! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Kori said...

Love the color and the ironning board cover SO CUTE - Yep you need a couple more boxes they are SOOO cute!

Jessica said...

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!! for staying in their beds all night!!!!!!!!!! Keep those stickers coming he, he, he!

LOVE the bedding and the new wall color! Looks like a completely different space! The pattern on the cover and the boxes is perfect! Can't wait to see the silhouettes. I've been wanting to do some but in softer colors/background. You'll have to be the guinea pig and let me know how it goes :)

Young Adventures... said...

It looks beautiful...I love it! Enjoy your new room!

Angel said...

Thanks ladies! I just can't seem to stay out of this room, it's so pretty. Now I want to paint everyroom yellow!!!!

prashant said...

It looks like a completely different room already and that ironing board should get center stag

How to make a website