Wednesday, December 2, 2009

FOCUS on that which is important

I've been blog hopping lately. Been doing a lot of that since I've had a nasty head cold. Yes, again. (2nd in a month), and now have even lost my voice. I've been trying to learn more about being better stewards of what God has so richly blessed us with and I came upon this last week and thought it was a wonderful reminder (sorry, I don't remember where, I'm a bad hopper).

“FORGET what is unnecessary

FOCUS on that which is important – your children’s souls!

NOT checking off the to-do list

NOT a pristine house

NOT a perfect meal

NOT a perfectly dressed child (that's my own addition)

…just three little souls, bound for Heaven someday.”

When I started this blog, I was in the midst of growing my little sewing business. The blogs I read all the time were of other boutique clothing designers I admired and trendy fabric designers. Don't get me wrong, I still read them (plus my new love of photography blogs). But life has changed a lot in 3 years.

Now, instead of dreaming about the next cute outfit I want to make, I'm dreaming about things like making my own laundry detergent (seriously!) and how to pay off our credit cards even faster, as we continue on our road to financial freedom. In the meantime, here are a few new blogs I've found to be very helpful regarding keeping a home and living frugally (think homemade tortillas). I've learned a TON! In case you want more blogs to read, here are some of my new favorites. They are also listed in my sidebar.

Kitchen Stewardship

Kelly the Kitchen Kop

A High and Noble Calling

The Grocery Cart Challenge



No comments: